Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D Versions Only: CS L1011, 727 and 737 Base - how is it?

Bought the 1011 last night against my better judgment. I wasn't aware a heavy tri-jet could nose dive at ~ -8000 ft/min and still lose airspeed when the spoilers are extended...

Just purchased the 727 and 1011. Je sus, the 727's pitch trim is impossible to control as it used to be. Am i doing something wrong, or is it just mega-hyper-turbo-sensitive and won't stay in place?

Is that how 727 is in real life?

Bought the 1011 last night against my better judgment. I wasn't aware a heavy tri-jet could nose dive at ~ -8000 ft/min and still lose airspeed when the spoilers are extended...

Does that mean I burned 9 euros ($11 bucks)

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Does that mean I burned 9 euros ($11 bucks)

Well, if it does, then you're in good company.

Just picked up the 737-200.

Can anyone tell me if the expansions (ADV and F/Combi) are 9.99 normal price....after the 24 hour sale?

Dont want to pick them up yet until I've evaluated the base pack...but don't want to spend more than 9.99 for them either, hehe.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Can anyone tell me if the expansions (ADV and F/Combi) are 9.99 normal price....after the 24 hour sale?

Dont want to pick them up yet until I've evaluated the base pack...but don't want to spend more than 9.99 for them either, hehe.

I used the Wayback Machine website to go back to various past dates on Captain Sim's site.  It appears the expansions are normally discounted to 9.99 every day.

Just picked up the 737-200.

Steve, in the sale the Combo is listed at €14.99 reduced to €9.99, whereas the ADV is listed at €9.99. Hope that helps.

Been waiting for this sale, picked up the P3D L-1011, 737, and 727....  All installed properly to v3.1 and load, great looking models with tons of great animations, nice looking cockpits etc... can't comment on flight model as simply took each around the pattern once before heading back to work, but seemed fine at first glance for $11!

Checked out expansions, looks like the 727 expansions are on sale (normally $22), but most others are normally $11 anyway.  Tempted to pick up the 727-200 pack while on sale.

Did have a weird bug with the 737 that the Attitude Indicator not working, will have to investigate tonight.  Otherwise no obvious issues I could find.

I enjoy the CS L1011 and 727, 727 even more so ...

CS 727

CS 727 KEGE - oops

L1011 4:25 min mark

FPS is very good on both aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Just loaded up the 727, the interior really has ugly textures - it really looks dated.  Haven't flown in it yet, just initial impression

The L1011 looks real nice

Will test the 737 soon

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I used the Wayback Machine website to go back to various past dates on Captain Sim's site.  It appears the expansions are normally discounted to 9.99 every day.

Steve, in the sale the Combo is listed at €14.99 reduced to €9.99, whereas the ADV is listed at €9.99. Hope that helps

Thanks guys,

I think I'll wait to see what I think of the base model.  It'll just be an extra 5 euro if I want to pick up the expansions after the sale.  And they noted that the repaints work on all -200 models....that is what I was looking for.  :smile:

Got 45 mins to change my mind...Lol

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Rob, as usual, impeccable standards of video. I hope you're on a commission from CS cos you have done a damn fine job displaying their aircraft. I've had the L-1011 in FSX, and now am going to try it in P3Dv2.5, and might even upgrade to v3.1(been out of the loop, is there a discount for pre-v3 users?)

On the basis of your videos, just managed to get it and pick up the 727 Base P3D and the Freighter Expansion.

That's why I stick with PMDG, which handles like a real aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Bob, I'm a PMDG owner too, but it's sure hard to beat these puppies for $10!!  The look fantastic, way more animations than PMDG and are a hoot to fly.

Perfect for some fun FSPassengers or something, having a blast.

• Upvote 1

I hope you're on a commission from CS cos you have done a damn fine job displaying their aircraft.

Tanya (CS rep) hasn't sent me any checks, but she's a cool person to deal with.  But I use all kinds of 3rd party aircraft ... really just depends how much free time I have and what mood I'm in.

Cheers, Rob.

I cannot get the 727 to run without administrator privileges.  I'm curious if any one else can?  Being old school I just don't feel comfortable (for security reasons) running any thing other than an install as administrator.  I don't have a ton of addons, but this is the first that seems to make this a requirement.

Thanks

Ken