Sign in to follow this  
Flyguy9876

drifting payload levels

Hi

I just competed updating the 777s from the jan 2016 update.  I was about to do my first flight and was setting up the A/C payload and fuel.  I noticed that once I had entered my load level, it began to drift upwards.  It has now done this regardless of how I input the data.  By that I mean whether I enter a percentage or enter data in via the individual cabins and baggage sections.  So lets say I have entered a load level of 65.2%. First via the FMC it actually loads a level higher then what I input, jumping to somewhere between 68-70%. Secondly, that load percentage then begins to climb slowly (while doing nothing else to the A/C). Every few seconds it adds an additional 0.1%, slowly climbing the A/C to a 100% payload.  

Has anyone else seen this issue, and does anyone have a solution to fix it.

Cheers

John

Has anyone else seen this issue, and does anyone have a solution to fix it.

Are you using any VA programs, or programs like FSPassengers?

Cheers
John

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

just using Rex 4 and ASN for the weather radar.  and then the long assortment of add-on airports and such.  

Cheers

John 

just using Rex 4 and ASN for the weather radar.  and then the long assortment of add-on airports and such.  

Cheers

John 

Can you explain how you are going about loading the aircraft?

Also - again - full names, first and last, in the forum. This is a forum rule.

Kyle Rodgers

No I am not using ground ops at all on this. That was the first thing I checked.  It is the load level % category and the ZFW that are slowly increasing.

After starting the sim, I loaded the A/C at FlyTampa YYZ and began setting up for a long haul to VHHH. I used the PMDG setup menu to load a long panel state, and then commenced setting the fuel and payload levels.  It was after that, as I was going through my checklists when I was setting the pref that I noticed all my weights and load levels had changed. I switched back over to the payload screen on the FMC and noticed that my Payload % had increased over 15% and was still climbing. It ticks up about 0.1% ever 5 -8 seconds.  

I have tried it now with both the 200 and 300 series and it is doing it on both A/C.

cheers and thanks for the interest.

John Eden

After starting the sim, I loaded the A/C at FlyTampa YYZ and began setting up for a long haul to VHHH.

Was it perhaps, raining, at YYZ?

Kyle Rodgers

Raining; No. Snowing; Yes!

That said, I have had it raining or snowing at other airports on other flights and never seen the payload drift/creep up as it was today.

Cheers

John Eden

Raining; No. Snowing; Yes!

Do me a favor, if you would, and try it without running ASN. I have a hunch, but I don't want to show my hand just yet.

Kyle Rodgers

So I tried your suggestion at it seemed to get rid of the issue.

I also updated the Fly tampa scenery (which has created problems with it).  

What do you think is the issue with ASN?

Cheers

John Eden

What do you think is the issue with ASN?

My thought is that it is attempting to simulate ice accumulation (a lot of it, apparently). If leaving ASN off eliminated the weight gain, then I'm betting that's it. I'll have to test later though.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok.  I will watch for a post from you on that.  In the mean time, is there a way to eliminate that from happening?

Cheers

John Eden

Ok.  I will watch for a post from you on that.  In the mean time, is there a way to eliminate that from happening?

I can  confirm this, though it seems to "melt" off at random. If you set MAX CLOUD ICING to 0, I believe it will go away, but we've reached out to HiFi to get a more official answer.

Kyle Rodgers

Fascinating find this, really. I get what they may be attempting to simulate, but on big airliners, its not so much the weight of ice that's a problem, more so the aerodynamic issues; a 777 would not care if it had an additional couple tons of ice on it, if they were, say, in the cargo hold or cabin. It would still takeoff, even heavier than expected.