Sign in to follow this  
joejccva71

To DX10 or not, that is the question

I saw some statement regarding using the fixer with FSX-SE (about standard shaders) any feedback on using the Fixer with FSX-SE?

Although I have purchased FSX-SE I'm still using the old one at the moment. However I believe the Fixer is fully compatible with the FSX-SE.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I haven't bought the fixer yet, but just clicking on DX10 preview and using an aircraft which is DX10 compatible resulted in a huge fps increase for me using an Nvidia GTX-650 Ti 2Gb. That's without even knowing about let alone using the Nvidia inspector.

Due to wanting to fly more aircraft, as lovely as the Piaggio P180 is, I've reverted to DX9 to enjoy airbus & boeing aeroplanes which aren't totally white! I've reeled in some of the settings using the sliders so that FSX:SE is a smooth compromise for me.

Would I need to use nvidia inspector as and when I buy the fixer, given that the sim runs well enough on my system (i7 950 3GHz, win 7 ultimate, 24Gb RAM)?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Would I need to use nvidia inspector as and when I buy the fixer, given that the sim runs well enough on my system (i7 950 3GHz, win 7 ultimate, 24Gb RAM)?

NVIDIA inspector is not about increasing performance per se, but it allows you to fine tune your rendering settings much more specifically than the FSX internal settings and indeed the NVIDIA control panel.

You do not have to use either if you want to use DX10 mode with/without the Fixer, but it does give you more control and for a lot of people, myself included, a much better balance of visual quality and performance than just the default in-app settings.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S