Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

No "Click" sounds.

Hi all,

I am not hearing any click sounds when I flip switches.  Is this just me?

Thanks,

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Mine go Click..

Thanks Bert,

I did and uninstall and reinstall and the "click" works now.  But, I have another problem.  I am getting GPWS warnings on takeoff "too low gear" etc..  That's not right.  I sent a note to our friends at Carenado.   Are you getting these warnings?

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

I am, if I raise the gear before 500 ft agl..

Have not found it yet, but plan to turn it off when I do.

Bert

You can turn on "G/S Inhibit". This button is between the two displays (PFD + MFD) in front of you.

I am, if I raise the gear before 500 ft agl..

Have not found it yet, but plan to turn it off when I do.

I just got an answer from Carenado.  I think it is coded to go off below 500 feet with the throttles less than full.  Of course, with this bird, the throttles will not be advanced to their limit.  In the real world the gear should be retracted as soon as an emergency landing on the remaing runway in front of you is impossible.  At least that's the way it was when I taught that stuff.  For a temporary fix, I found the .wav files and renamed them.  Please let me know if you find a better way.

You can turn on "G/S Inhibit". This button is between the two displays (PFD + MFD) in front of you.

Hi,

I'm not at my Flight Sim computer.  Does that turn off all the GPWS warnings?

Bill

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

The code is nicely hidden in the Gauge_CLOCK_DIG.xml file.

<!--  OK   BUFFER_P100_ToLowGear -->
(A:RADIO HEIGHT,FEET)  500 < 
(A:RADIO HEIGHT,FEET)  10 > and 
(A:GEAR CENTER POSITION,percent) 50 < and 
(L:ASD_BTN_TERR_INHID_850XP,number)  0 == and
(A:ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY,bool) (A:CIRCUIT GENERAL PANEL ON, bool) and and
(A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1,part) 0.9 <
(A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:2,part) 0.9 < or and 
(A:AIRSPEED SELECT INDICATED OR TRUE, knots) 10 > and
if{ 1 (>L:BUFFER_TOO_LOW_GEAR,number)  }
els{ 0 (>L:BUFFER_TOO_LOW_GEAR,number) } 

Somehow, they decided that (A:RADIO HEIGHT,FEET) less than 500 ft deserves a gear warning.

I have now disabled this section...

a ) it does not make sense IMHO

b ) it saves some computer cycles  :wink:

Bert

Sure...?  It looks to me that this warning is tied to the Terr Inhibit button..

Bert

These days it seems every new Carenado release turns out to be a home-built kit plane for Bert.   We do appreciate your efforts Mr. Pieke!

Thank you!

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Hi Bert,

"Too Low Gear" should sound below the threshold altitude if landing flaps are extended but the gear is not.  May be better to add the condition than remove it completely.

Hi Bert,

you are right.

I just testet it out:

Takeoff with no flaps.

- just after leaving the ground, the warning comes up: "too low flaps"

this warning is tied to the FLAP OVRD button

- just after put up the wheels, there are two warnings: "too low gear" and "too low Terrain" 

both are tied to the TERR INHIB button

They simplified the mode 4 EGPWS envelope too much. While it may appear to be a hard altitude it is actually a trend. As the radio altimeter is descending and the Gear or Flaps are not in the "landing" position then when the threshold is reached a Too Low Gear or Too Low Flaps will be stated. There is an airspeed trend that also ties into the system. Also Mode 3 overrides mode 4 so a loss of altitude after take-off would trigger a mode 3 "Don't Sink" alert as opposed to a mode 4 alerts.

I have never received a too low gear or flaps after take-off on a Pro Line 21 equipped King Air. What is the name of the .wav file. I'd love to delete it as Carenado's logic is once again illogical to how the actual system works.

They simplified the mode 4 EGPWS envelope too much. While it may appear to be a hard altitude it is actually a trend. As the radio altimeter is descending and the Gear or Flaps are not in the "landing" position then when the threshold is reached a Too Low Gear or Too Low Flaps will be stated. There is an airspeed trend that also ties into the system. Also Mode 3 overrides mode 4 so a loss of altitude after take-off would trigger a mode 3 "Don't Sink" alert as opposed to a mode 4 alerts.

I have never received a too low gear or flaps after take-off on a Pro Line 21 equipped King Air. What is the name of the .wav file. I'd love to delete it as Carenado's logic is once again illogical to how the actual system works.

Hi Ken,

All the .wav files are located in the root FSX folder\Carenado\CarSoundC90GTX.  And thank you for your info on flying the real deal sir.  I appreciate it.  It's been a long time since I flew anything for real.

Best,

Bill

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Bill,

Thank you, I found mine in the root FSX/sounds folder. I was able to rename the warnings and adjust the AC.wav to about 10% of its original volume which sounds much more realistic.

Hi,

when I install the GNS430 from F1, i lost the sound of switches. Anybody, could says me how to fix this issue?