I use the Track Clip Pro with a battery for mobile phone backup like this one and it works well

http://www.cellularline.com/catalog/en/product/usb_pocket_charger_smart

That's really clever!

I'm a long time TIR user myself using version 5 with the Track Clip Pro and I'm very happy with everything but the cable so do I understand this correctly that the cable from the Track Clip Pro only is for power and that using a portable charger like the one linked above will allow you to get rid of the cable from the Track Clip Pro?

Edited to add that of course I understand you can't get rid of the cable all together but what I meant is you don't have to have it connected to the computer anymore.

And one more question. I noticed the portable battery pack you linked holds 2200 mAh. How much time using the Track Clip Pro will that give you before you need to charge it again?

Richard Åsberg

Edited to add that of course I understand you can't get rid of the cable all together but what I meant is you don't have to have it connected to the computer anymore.

That's correct I have a wireless headset with TIP attached and connected to the portable battery.

That's it the track clip pro is only necessary to light those three red light so nothing technical.

And one more question. I noticed the portable battery pack you linked holds 2200 mAh. How much time using the Track Clip Pro will that give you before you need to charge it

I never run out of energy, as the TIP don't drain that much,I can't quantify as I use it mixed with the mobile or tablet.

Thanks, really neat solution!

What headset are you using? My experience with most headsets I've tried is the mic volume is always too soft even when you have the slider set to 100%.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks, really neat solution!

What headset are you using? My experience with most headsets I've tried is the mic volume is always too soft even when you have the slider set to 100%.

I always had Logitech headset now H600; I have always to remember to charge before any flight, I fly only on vatsim and also on teamspeack.

The only negative is that the battery don't have a great life.

For the volume in vatsim the problem relay on the codec which is horrible, in IVAO things are different on using teamspeack and it works fine.

Very strange this problem where the mic volume mostly is too soft even when set to 100% and in my experience this issue has been with us since Win95 or so. The only way around it I've found is to use a very cheap (funny enough) external USB sound card. When using that kind of card the mic volume actually is totally OK in my case. If I on the other hand plug the exact same headset into a more expensive internal or external sound card again the mic volume will be very soft.

However this USB sound card I'm using now will of course not help me if I want to go completely wireless so I'm considering a Logitech G933 and if I end up buying one I'll buy it from somewhere where I'm able to return it if I'm not happy with it. Quite expensive but if the end result would be total freedom where I can get up from my PC anytime without having to worry about cables and if the mic volume still will be OK I might consider it worth it.

Richard Åsberg

This is my setup! And you don't need to use a USB port on the PC.  I charge it via a wall plug ( like what you use to charge an Iphone or Ipad )

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=92718

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Looks great but 45 GBP + shipping was very expensive for such a simple thing IMO.

Richard Åsberg