Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

Problem with P3D V3.1 and Linda

Everything was working fine until I upgraded to P3D V3.1. I have a Saitek Yoke and throttle quadrant. I use FSUIPC for the axis's and Linda for the buttons. I have set up the button at the bottom of the throttle lever to DECR thrust on select and same for repeat. On release sets the throttle to 0. This was working fine. Since 3.1 it works until the release and it sets the throttle to zero but then pulls the reversers back again. Move the lever down and back and same thing over and over. Can't keep it out of the reverser.

I deleted the assignments and it stopped.

Could not figure out how to stop it so removed them out of Linda and put the exact same thing into FSUIPC and that works fine.

Hi veldtrui - in future please raise such queries under the LINDA SUPPORT sub-forum.

I have an almost identical set up as you with P3Dv3.1, CH yoke and Saitek Throttle Quadrant. Last night I had some very unusual throttle movements with my Aerosoft Airbus. It was moving all by itself and in and out of reverse. There was nothing set in P3D controls or FSUIPC except axis. I had to close and reopen P3D to get things settled.

In the past it was recommended that rapidly repeating functions, such as throttle reverse, to FSUIPC.  This is a perfectly acceptable solution.  However, I have been using the LINDA similar to you. For thrust reverse I assign to Saitek Throttle Button 7 FSX: THROTTLE DECR:0 for OnPress and OnRepeat and FSX:THROTTLE CUT:0 for OnRelease. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi,
I had also some problems with LINDA after I  upgraded from P3d v2.5 to P3dv3.1.

But as I found out it was my fault.
After installation I copied the folder “modules”  from v2.5 to v3.1.  
It took  some time to find out that  copy and paste is not enough. I should have adapted  the config.ini file in the folder “modules”. The config ini file points to the place where the linda.exe is. In that case it was still P3d v2. That means Linda was started in the wrong folder and had no chance to work properly with FSUIPC.
After I changed the address to P3d v3 the Linda.exe in the right module folder was started and now everything works fine.
Good luck
Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

I have to correct myself.

The name of the file is FSUIPC.ini

It is in the folder modules.

With the lines:

[Programs]
RunIf1=KILL,C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\linda.exe

I start Linda together with P3D

sorry for the wrong file name

Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe