I can recommend the Gigabyte Gaming 970. For flight simming in general I'd say the more power you can afford the better.

Hans

I'd not recommend anything from Gigabyte after my experiences with them.

Bought a GTX560 Ti from them in the USA. Within a short time, I kept getting freeze-ups on the screen with a top-to-bottom pattern of little squares and bleached colours. Would then have to re-boot. Sent it back to their Repair Center in Ca. in the original box and packaging complete as I had purchased from the reseller in Vegas. Received the card back in a plain black box minus everything. Same problems as before.

I've had 2 GPUS from EVGA,----a GTX460 SE and the current GTX970------and never had any issues.

Caveat emptor!

Forget the 960 and get the EVGA 970 or better yet the 980 if you can afford it. I bought a 970 and now wish I bought the 980.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

MSI GTX970 4gb Gaming 100ME

Been very happy with it!  Was best value after rebate based on purchase in October 2015

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I've got the EVGA 970 ACX 2.0, its OK for P3D but Im gonna get a 980TI to help with the FPS in the clouds. I game at 1440p and play many other titles other then P3D. The 970 @ 1080p is a really great card for the price. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom