Sign in to follow this  
neucoas

A glider with a propeller

Yes, that's what I'm looking for.

I want a light GA to do PURELY VFR (No GPS, No Garmin). Only me, ORBX, steam gauges, radios, transponder, and SkyVector

I did research on the most common/known developers (Carenado, RealAir, IRIS, A2A, Aerosoft...). Nothing suits :(

Is there a true freeware gem i am missing?

Cheers :)

N.-

Aerosoft Discus K or the Discus X (one is sans prop, the other has the prop you seek.)

Oh, thats nice. I'm not really looking for a glider (despite the title), but thanks !

N.-

And the A2A Piper Cub doesn't do it for you?

Somewhat yes, but it has no transponder... I want to fly on-line

Also it has no radio in VC, and the accusim combo is out of my wallet right now

N.-

Aeroprakt A-22 Foxbat  I found this in the Flightsim.com Library.  Didn't see it in AVSIM library.  Looks interesting

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You might like to look at this one (unless you have already)

Its payware quality but free

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/55526-get-your-free-mitchell-wing-v101-here/

That's strange ... and really nice! Downloading

Aeroprakt A-22 Foxbat  I found this in the Flightsim.com Library.  Didn't see it in AVSIM library.  Looks interesting

Also this

:hi:

N.-

Also this

I just tried downloading it and the link does not work.. Which link did you use? Bob.

P.S. The links for the rest of the world does not work. The other link does. I am downloading now.

Aerosoft also had H36 Dimona(a motorglider), a DA20-100 Katana(a light GA derived from Dimona, which had a GPS that can be disabled), and a ASK21 MI motorglider.

I knew it's not really gliders you're looking for, but just in case: There are plenty of freeware gliders and some with jet sustainers on Wolfgang Piper's site. Grab those with some gliding environment enhancer and...Flying is even more fun without the droning of the engines! Also, that DA-20 is pretty awesome with some A2A-deep modeling and is purely VFR by regulation.

Aerosoft also had H36 Dimona(a motorglider), a DA20-100 Katana(a light GA derived from Dimona, which had a GPS that can be disabled), and a ASK21 MI motorglider.

I knew it's not really gliders you're looking for, but just in case: There are plenty of freeware gliders and some with jet sustainers on Wolfgang Piper's site. Grab those with some gliding environment enhancer and...Flying is even more fun without the droning of the engines! Also, that DA-20 is pretty awesome with some A2A-deep modeling and is purely VFR by regulation.

You are making me consider trying gliders. I did not get this Grab those with some gliding environment enhancer Could you explain more? Are there free versions?

N.-

Also this

Did you install it and try it? There are several problems in the panel.cfg. Bob.

As mentioned above, Aerosoft's H36 Dimona is quite interesting, with reasonable appearance and textures. It includes a nice portable GPS (the outdated GPS III Pilot) and the C4 flight computer, which was made exclusively for gliding and soaring. Flight dynamics are fine. Engine shutoff (and restart) and powerless flight are simulated quite realistically.

You may also consider Iris Simulation's Venture MG.1, which is actually Grob's G109 motor glider. Unfortunately, its VC is awful, but the outside appearance and the flight dynamics are ok. Soaring is also possible with shut-off engine.

As RW glider and motor glider pilot I own both and enjoy them a lot.

Felix

Yep, look into getting CumulusX!, which add proper ridge lift and thermals to FSX. There's a free version of that with limited functionality too.