Sign in to follow this  
The_avionics_guy

Low visibility in high Flight level?

Hi stphen

i use the latest beta of opusfsi with P3d v3.1 and i noticed that i when in cruise altitude with my Pmdg Ngx, the visibility is always low.I was told in facebook post to disable the volumetric fog in p3d to get normal visibilty.I have both option enabled in p3d and opusfsi.Can you plz tell me what is going on, i don't want to lose the volumetric fog option, because it adds a lot of immersion to my flight sim.

Best regards

kais

Your Volumetric Fog effect settings in the sim and in Opus Weather Preferences must match as they effect the way in which the visibility layering is generated. You should also check your other OpusFSI Weather Preferences and try setting all Defaults (set the Enable VF to match the sim). Make sure you have not set the Reduce Upper Vis option. Remember to update the weather afterwards. Also remember though, it is actually possible to get poor vis even at 40000 feet, depends on the conditions. Spy will report the assumed max upper vis in kms. Most likely the VF settings though.

Stephen :-)