Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Southern California – Carlsbad to Avalon (via Riverside County)

Southern California – Carlsbad to Avalon (via Riverside County)

Starting at McCellan-Palomar (KCRQ), the route heads inland 14nm to our first stop Fallbrook Community Airpark (L18). Heading back to the Pacific Ocean we overfly Camp Pendleton to reach the Oceanside VOR and then turn northwest following the coast. We overfly the San Onefre Nuclear Power Station and continue until we reach waypoint VPLDP at San Juan Capistrano. Turning north we fly towards the Santa Ana range following Ortega highway towards the pass. Just before reaching the pass we will land at Mc Conville Airstrip (CA42). Departing Mc Conville we cross the mountain pass and fly over Lake Elsinore towards Temecula and land at Billy Joe (37CA) and then turn north and proceed to Hemet-Ryan (KHMT).  Departing Hemet Ryan we will take a short diversion 6 miles north and overfly the super secret Scientology "Gold Base" before heading west to land at the former March ARB (KRIV). From March ARB we fly 17nm south to Corona Municipal (KAJO) and then on to John Wayne - Orange County Airport (KSNA). Departing to the south from KSNA we overfly Newport Beach enroute to Catalina Island overflying the Avalon Harbor before landing at our final destination "The Airport in the Sky" (KAVX).

post-116318-0-64964800-1452740489.jpg

The FSX / Plan-G flight Plan and Pilots Guide is here. (updated Jan 15)

Recommended scenery:
Orbx FTX Southern California (SCA) Regional Scenery

Date and time: Saturday 16th January 2016, 1900 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron: Please Set Server Local Time to 14:30 PST

Edited by jt_williams
corrected flight plan download

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Not sure I can join this weekend.  My flight sim computer refuses to boot properly (similar to what happened last weekend) and I can't seem to find the problem.  It will probably require a trip to the computer shop today and from there it's a crap shoot.  :mad:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I might, no grandkids, wifee working, me, all alone.  Fire up the sim sounds good.

Just checked the FlightPlan, I have Sim720 Cataline (KAUX) and LatinVFR John Wayne (KSNA) so that is great, they are on the plan.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Fixed the problem.  Will be there with bells on.  I also have Catalina and John Wayne, Bryan.  Not sure if there might be some elevation issues, though.

Stew

My ride for today's flight - Just Flight / Aeroplane Heaven's de Havilland Dove, released yesterday:

Dove.jpg?dl=0

Short field performance isn't bad at all so I should be OK with the smaller strips on the route (do those sound like 'famous last words' ? :P)

As I realise this is a new model and few if any will have it yet I have prepared a proxy for multiplayer use, available here.

FYI. Not for this multiplayer flight, but you might want to take a look at Aerosoft's freeware Catalina Island. This is nicely done. The FBO and hangar are specially-made. And the sloped runway 22 is modeled to give the proper challenge. For our current purposes, however, the scenery is not ideal. The installation takes some care and requires disabling the Orbx Socal KAVX files. And the elevation is 7 feet lower than the Orbx Socal version – and we might all want to be at the same elevation for the end-of-flight confab.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

172 may well be a bit behind the pace. But don't worry Leon, I'll fly as your wingman. I'll be in a Van's RV7.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks for the tip, Mike.  In that case I'll disable Sim720's KAVX just in case.  Their version is also nice, but not freeware.

Stew

Fixed the problem.  Will be there with bells on.  I also have Catalina and John Wayne, Bryan.  Not sure if there might be some elevation issues, though.

OK so I'm trying to gear up for this flight.  Don't know about elevation issues, too late to fix right now, it will be what it will be and I'll fix them later.

I need a couple more coffee's and a breakfast first.

Near CAM3

Something weird, tried to update the multiplayer spreadsheet and all I get is a blank sheet showing but as I move my curser about I see entries.  I give up.

I'm flying the VirtualCol Shorts 360.

Bryan

Near CAM3

Another memorable multiplayer fight.   Bryan joined us today flying the Short Skyvan which I did not have in my Airplanes folder.  The mysterious FSX auto aircraft aliasing algorithm thought that the best match was the Smit Rotterdam heavy tug .

post-116318-0-31919700-1452990582.jpg

• Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

:LMAO: Terrific screen shot. Gotta be up there for the Best Screenie Oscar. 

But not as funny as ME being the cause of MP flooding. Oh how we laughed!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.