Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Love the L1011's middle engine design....

When they were developing the DC10 and L1011 way back when I remember seeing pics of both and thinking how much aesthetically pleasing Lockheed's version of the #2 engine was....not that the DC-10 doesn't look nice, but the L1011's was...elegant. :smile:

The S duct just looks great IMO....

1ra5yV.jpg

N4s9Ij.jpg

Captain Sim did a great job modeling her, and at 9.99 Euro, it was quite the bargain.  

Gonna' enjoy learning to fly her and re-living some trips I took on her many, many years ago (Got to fly on Delta, Eastern and ATA versions before she went the way of the Dodo). Really looking forward to replicating my trip from Gaeta, Italy back to the States when I was stationed there in the Navy.

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I totally agree with you! This bird is big but elegant, not so easy to bring this two together :)

I have made a procedural checklist for the l-1011. If you are interested just search for my name (in the signature) in the Avsim library.

Wish you soft landings,

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I totally agree with you! This bird is big but elegant, not so easy to bring this two together :)

I have made a procedural checklist for the l-1011. If you are interested just search for my name (in the signature) in the Avsim library.

Wish you soft landings,

Thanks Klaus!

Got your checklist, looks great....and grabbed Tom's tutorial as you noted in your file...these we help me a ton when trying to learn to fly this classy bird.

Living under the approach path of the south arrivals into Orlando (KMCO) back when I was a teenager, I frequently saw Delta and Eastern L1011's fly overhead.  They were so easy to identify at night with the 2 rotating anti-collision lights on the belly.  Loved watching them and wondering where they were coming from (no Flightaware back in those days...heck no internet for that matter.....HOW DID WE SURVIVE? Lol)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I will never forget when I first got into aviation, Delta was using the L-1011 on the TPA-ATL-TPA run. It was always full of both people and freight. It was basically a daily shuttle. And you could always tell when an L-1011 started up, no matter where you were on the field. Such a distinctive rumble. That and the double beacons will always be with me.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Nice post, Steve. I was so lucky I made a trans-Atlantic flight on one Delta's L-1011 before they retired that fleet.

I used to get really confused trying to distinguish between the #2 of the L-1011 and the MD-11, until I taught myself to look at the MD-11's elegant nose.

Nice post, Steve. I was so lucky I made a trans-Atlantic flight on one Delta's L-1011 before they retired that fleet.

I used to get really confused trying to distinguish between the #2 of the L-1011 and the MD-11, until I taught myself to look at the MD-11's elegant nose.

Hey Rick I'll give you the DC10 had a better nose, now if they only matched the 2 with each other, what a plane huh? :)

If this pleases your eyes, you must love the Falcons as well.

If you're referring to the F16 Jason, then yes that is one of my favorite fighters....but very loud when taxiing by!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg