Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

Prepar3D v3.1 Problems

As a Reminder to Everyone ...

Prepar3D v3.1 Problems

There is a problem in the Lockheed Martin PDK in version 3.1 which makes it unable to accept 6DOF (eye point) controls in all 'Custom' view modes. This means, until LM fix the problem, it is not possible to control the eye point and initialise any External Aircraft views.

We have posted the details of the 3.1 problems on their forum, that's all we can do as they removed any other means for developers to report problems many months ago.

The SimConnect 6DOF controls still work fine, it just effects their PDK interface.

My advice is to stick with P3D v3.0 until such time as LM can fix the bug and re-release v3.1.

If using P3D v3.1 and you want to display external aircraft views with Live Camera then make sure you Disable the OpusPDK Interface. In fact its best you disable the OpusPDK until LM have fixed the v3.1 bugs.

Stephen smiley1.gif

If using P3D v3.1 and you want to display external aircraft views with Live Camera then make sure you Disable the OpusPDK Interface. In fact its best you disable the OpusPDK until LM have fixed the v3.1 bugs.

Sorry if dumb question:

So deactivating OpusPDK then activates the FSX  Opus SDK in Opus?

What do we lose by doing this when running P3DV3.1?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

If you disable the OpusPDK (only needed in v3.1 if you have Live Camera External Aircraft views) then OpusFSI will use the SimConnect interface instead of the PDK to send all 6DOF eye point movement commands.

Stephen :-)

Ok, thanks.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Have you had any confirmation from LM that they are looking into it Stephen?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

They don't seem to confirm things like that but did ask for clarification which we gave. Two of the problems should be fairly simple to fix as both were working in v2 and one in v3.0. The PDK problem should be sorted fairly quickly I should imagine as this is their own Dev Kit.

Its not something I'm party to but I thought there was.a 'secret' devs forum as well? Dont you have access to that? :P Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I think Cheryl posted on all available forums. I would have thought the PDK and SimConnect 'WeatherSetModeCustom' problems will be fixed rather quickly.