Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Want to get a traffic program and looking for suggestions.

Traffic program that will work in P3Dv3 wanted.

Prefer:

One that does not require me to set up a flight plan in it before using (such as the free one does).

One that has traffic only around me and not world wide (hope to keep fps resonable).

One that is very adjustable as far as numbers and type.

One that is easy to use and easy install and setup (heard that My Traffic is complex to setup).

Thanks,

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Prefer:

One that does not require me to set up a flight plan in it before using (such as the free one does).

One that has traffic only around me and not world wide (hope to keep fps resonable).

One that is easy to use and easy install and setup (heard that My Traffic is complex to setup).

Thanks,

You want easy to install, no fiddling required, it just works and works well, My Traffic 6. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Prefer:

Thanks,

Would you like some cookies too? Maybe a cup of coffee?  :P

Just kidding Paul. I think your best bet is really MyTraffic 6. Yes, the setup is not simple or straight-forward, but it's not difficult either. Just read the manual that all is explained there. And together with that, you can use a freeware, Air Traffic manager, available here at Avsim that limits the number of AI planes around you to a number you choose.

Cheers!

Thanks, please make those cookies chocolate chip and warm just from the oven.

As for My Traffic does it just have traffic around you or is it world wide that would hurt fps?

The free program you mentioned needs to have a flight plan set up and for now I already have so many things to setup before running P3D that I will need a program to setup all my setups.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, please make those cookies chocolate chip and warm just from the oven.

As for My Traffic does it just have traffic around you or is it world wide that would hurt fps?

The free program you mentioned needs to have a flight plan set up and for now I already have so many things to setup before running P3D that I will need a program to setup all my setups.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmdftsy127jgux2/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D+Radar.zip

The Air Traffic Manager program just has to have the airport you are taking off from and the one you are landing at, that's it. Takes at the most 5 seconds to input that, if that long. When I start the program is sometimes deletes well over 100 ai aircraft, but there are always AI at the airports where I am taking off and landing from, and enroute. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks, I have tried to make the program work but no luck for me in P3D. I know files and how to mod and fix them but that program is beyond me.

No, only one a one stop, ready to go when P3D starts, program. Sometimes when I fly I have no idea where I am going to end up so putting in airports at the start only adds another workload for me.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I second everything Bob has said.

MT6 + Air Traffic Manager 

I set it @ 5% and get a great about of AI.

​If your unsure how to get up and running just do a YouTube search.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I would echo what all of the above posters have said - MT6 is easy to install and use and you don't have to anything to it after that.

I have tried the traffic optimiser too but have recently stopped using that and not having any problems with performance or anything. I set AL and GA traffic to 12% each and have tons of aircraft all over the place but not so many that there is a performance impact at large hubs.

It includes flights for the whole world but I think it only loads up aircraft in a 200 mile radius around the user - I might be wrong there but I think it is something like that - you can see the aircraft it spawns in programmes like Plan-G.

Not sure if there are other traffic programme options for P3D v3 that don't require a complex install due to incompatibility with v3. I know you can get most of these other programmes to work but I think they require a bit of fiddling to do so.

Stuart Furley

None of the AI addons display all of the worlds AI traffic all at once, that would bring any system to it's knees. They all work on a bubble type of principle displaying and managing only those aircraft within a certain radius which is actually closer to 90-100nm around the user. AI traffic Optimizer's and Managers if used then further remove or adjust the traffic depending on your personal settings.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks guys, MT6 is looking better to me.

With MT6 do you then set your P3D traffic to zero?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

What about UT2 ?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks guys, MT6 is looking better to me.

With MT6 do you then set your P3D traffic to zero?

No, set it to the level you want. If I'm not mistaken, the developer recommends something around 30%. UT2 is considerably older, and you'll have a lot of work to bring the airlines and liveries up to date.

Why do you not just try World of Ai? It is freeware and has nice models. The only negative is, that the flight-plans are old, but when you are just using it to let the airports look a bit more real then you should be fine. And who cares if the flight (you are not flying with) is going to Frankfurt at 9Pm or 9:30PM (sorry don't want to generalize my opinion)?

I already used World of AI in FSX, P3Dv2.5 and now in P3Dv3.0 and I never made bad experiences with/because of it.

U only need reworked Flight Plans for P3D which you can find here http://simmershome.de/woai-in-prepar3d-v2-3/  (please delete link when not allowed/ I am not the owner of the page).

Delete the original WoAI plans in /scenery/world   and insert the reworked ones.

Paul, as Stefano says you just set the level of traffic in P3D as normal and it will use the MT6 traffic. Default traffic is switched off.

Not sure about the level of 30%. If I set it above 25% I can't get a word in edge ways with ATC! But you can easily play around with the level of traffic you like - can all be set on the fly using the normal Traffic sliders.

UT2 is a very nice programme but it will take some work to get it installed into P3D. I have used it in FSX but haven't tried it in P3D - simplicity is key for me these days!

If you do go with MT6, read the installation document that comes with it before installing and you will have no problems.

Stuart Furley

Paul, as Stefano says you just set the level of traffic in P3D as normal and it will use the MT6 traffic. Default traffic is switched off.

Not sure about the level of 30%. If I set it above 25% I can't get a word in edge ways with ATC! But you can easily play around with the level of traffic you like - can all be set on the fly using the normal Traffic sliders.

UT2 is a very nice programme but it will take some work to get it installed into P3D. I have used it in FSX but haven't tried it in P3D - simplicity is key for me these days!

If you do go with MT6, read the installation document that comes with it before installing and you will have no problems.

There is a setting in My Traffic 6 when you set it up that turns off default P3D traffic. I use 15% which gives me more than enough traffic for flying airliners. I don't use GA traffic, because I never fly GA .