Sign in to follow this  

I am flying around the world.

Can you imagine a simulator that finally allows you to fly around the world crash and trouble free. I just started a round the world trip yesterday. Yesterday for the first leg I flew CYYZ to CYVR for West jet in the NGX 737-800 and today I am flying CYVR to VHHX in the PMDG 777-200LR for Singapore Airlines. I am about half way there. I am doing the whole thing at normal speed. Granted I'm not following real world procedure. :smile:

If I make it to VHHX, I will continue in to Zurich LSZH tomorrow for whichever Airline will have me. Surely the PMDG 777 again.

Next day, if Aerosoft have released EIDW for P3D V3.1 (I seriously doubt it!)I'll take Aer Lingus NGX from LSZH to Dublin.

If not I'll head straight for JFK and then on to CYYZ for Jazz in the Q400 :smile:

I've been doing some similar sightseeing. I started at Key West Florida and followed the coast of the US West across Baja and up the West coast across the top of the US and back down the eastern seaboard back to Key West. Short flights in different a/c - lots of fun in real weather by ASN. I am currently doing the same in Europe, following the continental outline west and North and across Norway etc.

Gives a fantastic perspective of exactly what P3D and various add-ons can accomplish - and there is some beautiful scenery there too!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Next day, if Aerosoft have released EIDW for P3D V3.1 (I seriously doubt it!)I'll take Aer Lingus NGX from LSZH to Dublin.

If not I'll head straight for JFK and then on to CYYZ for Jazz in the Q400 :smile:

I don't think the Aer Lingus NGX will happen either. They only fly Airbuses. For the NGX to/from EIDW you need to fly Ryanair.  :smile:

Best of luck with your world trip! How many legs are you planning on altogether?

I started at Key West Florida and followed the coast of the US West across Baja and up the West coast across the top of the US and back down the eastern seaboard back to Key West.

Cool! That's a bit more ambitious than what I am doing but if the current round the world trip works out. I might try a more ambition round the world in something like the A2A 172. That I think would be very tricky with a lot of legs.

I don't think the Aer Lingus NGX will happen either.

Yea that's a shame. I could have sworn I say an Aer Lingus NGX Livery but I guess not. I think I'll go BA. I'm not a big Ryan Air fan. :smile:

Let see, I am planning 6 legs but I am making it up as I go along. I have certainly never flown around the world in reality of Virtual Reality

Good luck!

I'll hopefully be starting my own RTW flight soon (in X-Plane), once the IXEG 733 and PMDG DC-6 are released. Although the route I'm planning to fly is slightly longer than 6 legs (around 180 :shok:). 

I did a similar trip last year BUT i stayed with twin engine turboprops, so that i could take in smaller airports AND run up my airport count.

Here are some stats that I currently have:

Flights,2801
Planes used,13
Airports used,1038
Landing,3649
Hours,3173.3
Night,1147.7
IFR,452.2
Multi,3149.8
Avg Flight Time,1.13 hours (67 min)

As you can see most were ONLY a little over 1 hour, I did NOT do this in just a few days/weeks!!! LOL

Luckily my wife was patient, and a lot were done late evening.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I did NOT do this in just a few days/weeks!!! LOL

That is truly awesome. You are way ahead of me :smile:

Once I am finished this heavy trip trip around the world I'll try something more ambitious in a GA.

Currently I am about 1000 from Hong Kong. Should landing in a few hours :smile:

Just to clarify those statistics are from Oct 2012, not just my around the world flights.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I'm thinking of doing a round the world series of flights too! These are the legs I was thinking of:

London Heathrow - Dubai

Dubai - Hong Kong

Hong Kong - Sydney

Sydney - Honolulu

Honolulu - San Francisco

San Francisco - Orlando

Orlando - London Gatwick

Probably using the PMDG 772LR for most legs. I tried to keep it so no legs are longer than 10 hours, with the longest I think is Sydney to Honolulu which is about 9 and a half.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

A friend of mine did it once using the Glorious A2A B377. Map Navigation, just like in the old times, over areas poorly or not even covered by radio aids...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

So far I have made it safely to VHHX in the 777. I departed to Zurich left everything on AP and went to bed but go up to an OOM :-)

I'll give it another go tomorrow. Started out in Toronto and made it to Hong Kong so I guess I am about half way :-)

I departed to Zurich left everything on AP and went to bed but go up to an OOM :-)

Tell me that :-(

So many times, when I enjoyed long airliner flights, back in fs9 times, did I have that awful experience .... One of the reasons PS1, and then PSX, were love at first sight conducting long hauls in one of my preferred airliners ever - the 744.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...