Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Taxi2Gate MMMX Extreme

Hi,

Anyone have an issue with black buildings outside the airport and/or is there a fix?.

Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I had this issue too when trying install to P3D. Turned out to be that for whatever reason the custom autogen textures didn’t get installed into the global texture directory. Since I still had my FSX install I just copied them over.

You might want to try a fake FSX install to see if you can get the textures that way. The files you’re looking for are named t2g2*.dds.

Brian W

KPAE

Hi,

I did a reinstall and everything was just about okay; the only problem, I didn't have any runway lights... I've since found a fix to brighten them, everything is all set for some testing.

I think Taxi2Gate has come a long way from what I've seen so far.

Thank for the help.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Try the Taxi2Gate forums here:

http://forum.iflysimx.com/forum/60-taxi2gate/

I use their Hamad International at Doha and their Istanbul airports in my P3D 3.1 and they're the best looking and best performing airport add ons I have. I get amazing smoothness and frame rates with my settings right up with the PMDG 777 and 737. I just bought the Munich add on too. Taxi2Gate are well on their way to being the best airport add on developer out there...

Try the Taxi2Gate forums here:

http://forum.iflysimx.com/forum/60-taxi2gate/

I use their Hamad International at Doha and their Istanbul airports in my P3D 3.1 and they're the best looking and best performing airport add ons I have. I get amazing smoothness and frame rates with my settings right up with the PMDG 777 and 737. I just bought the Munich add on too. Taxi2Gate are well on their way to being the best airport add on developer out there...

But their Support sucks.

I posted them a query in Contact Us and through their forum that when I migrated MMPR to P3D v2.5, unlike their MMMX v2, it failed to show up anything like in FSX, i.e tree in the middle of parking lots, no airport terminal buildings, etc.

That was 6-7 weeks ago. Still waiting for either to furnish a fix.

Is it marketed as a P3D  2.5 product or just 2.0 etc? I think it must be a bit of a nightmare for these developers keeping up with the updates to P3D as well as all of their current development? Especially as some people stay on 2.5 and others move onto 3.1. I think it's probably the same for people who develop apps for Android...

The way I see it is that I install an airport into my updated 3.1 knowing that there might be the odd issue. I guess that's the way it goes if we want Lockheed Martin to keep improving it. It's not perfect but I kind of think it's the way it'll be for a while. 

How many people work for Taxi2Gate anyway? Are they a big software house? Or just a few developers doing it in their spare time like QualityWings?

Hi,

I knew I was taking a chance when I purchased MMMX for P3D 3.1 as it was made for FSX. But I looked at the purchase in one of two ways; one, they have come a long way in regards to their development skills and I would be investing in their future development projects... and in the end as projects are released, in my enjoyment of flight simulation. Then again on the other hand; If it worked, I'd have a much nicer MMMX airport and surrounding area.

As it turned out; MMMX with a little bit of nudging along, worked out just fine in P3D3.1 from what I've seen so far. I've had to make a few changes to the install.

1. Manually add T2G.DDS and T2GLM.DDS (don't remember the exact names offhand) to P3D's texture folder.

2. Replace the runway lighting for a brighter set.

3. Manually add Terrain, City, and MMX entries to my scenery.cfg file within Program data/Prepar3D sub folder.

Not sure what issue(s) may exists with their tech support, language barrier maybe?, with that said... old time flight simmers such as myself have learned over the years to troubleshoot issues that have hampered flight simulation since the days of Bruce Artwick and will continue to do so in the future...

Just started flight simming again and I am trying out my addons again. I only have p3d and I can not find those files (t2g.dds,t2glm.dds). I can't find them anywhere in the files on the computer. The MMMZ scenery is great except for the black buildings. Has anyone found a good solution yet. Thanks

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, bosflo said:

scenery is great except for the black buildings

I uninstalled T2G MMMX from P3Dv4 didn't work right and black buildings too. We need an update from Developer to make it work with.

Patricio Valdes

Check here for the black building fix:

I haven't tried it myself but it's on my to-do list.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

59 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Check here for the black building fix:

I haven't tried it myself but it's on my to-do list.

I tried again and no success because I can't find those files. Where exactly should I find them..... MMMX, MMMX-city or MMMX-terrain? Note that from MMMX-terrain only exists files with agn extension. Also, I don't see any dds file starting with t2g...... filenames, nonefrom scenery or texture.

Patricio Valdes

Do you guys also get like "Red-ish" textures around the city at night?

Is this normal?

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

11 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I tried again and no success because I can't find those files. Where exactly should I find them..... MMMX, MMMX-city or MMMX-terrain? Note that from MMMX-terrain only exists files with agn extension. Also, I don't see any dds file starting with t2g...... filenames, nonefrom scenery or texture.

It looks like you may need to install this into fsx first as that post references copying the files from the fsx/texture folder

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

It looks like you may need to install this into fsx first as that post references copying the files from the fsx/texture folder

I found those T2G dds files from FSX\texture. I thought from MMMX texture folders. You did the trick, thank you so much.

Patricio Valdes