Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Taxi2Gate MMMX Extreme

Copied Aircreation Trike Ultralight from FSX to P3Dv4. The ultralight works in several airports (tested). I found in MMMX the ultralight stops engine. Tried Crtl+E and the engine starts up but soon it stops. It looks like this ultralight doesn't like the MMMX airport (lol). Any thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Patricio Valdes

16 hours ago, tooting said:

Thanks Tooting,

I´ll try it, I though I was the only one getting those redish textures!

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

10 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Copied Aircreation Trike Ultralight from FSX to P3Dv4. The ultralight works in several airports (tested). I found in MMMX the ultralight stops engine. Tried Crtl+E and the engine starts up but soon it stops. It looks like this ultralight doesn't like the MMMX airport (lol). Any thoughts?

you might have to lean the engine, its running too fat for the altitude.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

20 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

you might have to lean the engine, its running too fat for the altitude.

Hi, what do you mean to lean the engine? The motor runs after activating but it stops. In FSX MMMX the Trike motor engine run OK.

Patricio Valdes

On 1/4/2018 at 0:07 AM, tooting said:

Hi Tooting,

I just figured I have some hangars duplicated, like one on top of the other.

I disabled MMMX Airport and a couple of them are default hangars. Is there any way to fix this?

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Hi, what do you mean to lean the engine? The motor runs after activating but it stops. In FSX MMMX the Trike motor engine run OK.

On leaning an engine you might want to look at this: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/24097/why-do-we-lean-the-mixture-when-the-air-become-less-dense

To be honest, I have never used the trike, so I do not know if that engine can be leaned. But you might want to check Options-Realism in your menu and enable Automixture there.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

22 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

On leaning an engine you might want to look at this: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/24097/why-do-we-lean-the-mixture-when-the-air-become-less-dense

To be honest, I have never used the trike, so I do not know if that engine can be leaned. But you might want to check Options-Realism in your menu and enable Automixture there.

I understand. But even though Trike refuses to keep motor running after engine started in P3Dv4. Such problem doesn't happen in FSX. The Trike in P3Dv4 keeps running engine in other airports without issues

Patricio Valdes

Patricio,

If it keeps running at other airports then this is a strong sign that at the altitude of MMMX (around 8000 ft) the engine is running too rich and would need to be leaned. Try La Paz (in Bolivia) and see what happens there, that airport is even higher than MMMX. Unfortunately, I might not be able to try this out myself in the next 3 or 4 days. But if your problem is not solved in the meantime I will when I come back home.

Erhard

15 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

Patricio,

If it keeps running at other airports then this is a strong sign that at the altitude of MMMX (around 8000 ft) the engine is running too rich and would need to be leaned. Try La Paz (in Bolivia) and see what happens there, that airport is even higher than MMMX. Unfortunately, I might not be able to try this out myself in the next 3 or 4 days. But if your problem is not solved in the meantime I will when I come back home.

Good idea to give a try in La Paz Bolivia, cool! If the motor stalls then it has to be a way to lean (?). I will see later. Many thanks for your help

Patricio Valdes

Learned from other thread. You can't lean the mixture on the ultralight. Non realistic to get ultralight be able to take-off in very high altitude. So, I would say my Trike concern about is cleared.

• Upvote 1

Patricio Valdes