Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Problems with ASN

Hello All, I am running P3DV3.1 and today I downloaded and installed ASN sp4 for P3D. Program loaded with no problem, however when I loaded P3D for first time with ASN I got two errors "Asconnect Error" and "Ambient Control Error".  Message stated I could run simconnect.msi in sims REDIST. I did not understand what the message was talking about and also check the SDK folder? I do not have FSUIPC installed if that makes any difference. I don't remember running FSUIPC when I had ASN with v2.5. Never had this problem before. Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks

Regards

Lamar Wright

You can find the redist folder under the P3D installation folder and in there you'll find a couple of different versions of SimConnect that you can install if you don't already have it installed.

With some luck that will solve your problem. If not you might also want to consider posting about your problem over in HiFi's dedicated support forum where you'll likely get better help.

As I recall it FSUIPC is not used by or required by ASN.

Richard Åsberg

OK- I just went through this. With the EXCELLENT troubleshooting skills of Lisa and Dave over at HiFi, it turned out to be a folder permission problem. All is well now.

Be sure you read the KB articles about setting permissions, especially folder ownership.

Cheers and good luck!

Mark

You can find the redist folder under the P3D installation folder and in there you'll find a couple of different versions of SimConnect that you can install if you don't already have it installed.

With some luck that will solve your problem. If not you might also want to consider posting about your problem over in HiFi's dedicated support forum where you'll likely get better help.

As I recall it FSUIPC is not used by or required by ASN.

Thanks, I'll look that up.

OK- I just went through this. With the EXCELLENT troubleshooting skills of Lisa and Dave over at HiFi, it turned out to be a folder permission problem. All is well now.

Be sure you read the KB articles about setting permissions, especially folder ownership.

Cheers and good luck!

Mark

Hi Mark, where can I find the KB articles?

Regards

Lamar Wright

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hey, thanks Pete for this information.

No problems always best to go to the products forum first and check the sticky etc :smile:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg