Sign in to follow this  
ford_friendly

Flight1 and Flysimware Cessna 441 comparison

I'm looking at buying a payware Cessna 441 for FSX use. The two packages I am aware of right now are from Flight1 and Flysimware. 

Are there others?

I've read reviews of both of the above offerings here and elsewhere as "stand alone" reviews and both seem to be well-modelled and appropriately priced.

However, I haven't seen any direct comparisons between the two packages. Has anyone flown both and what are your opinions on them?

I have yet to successfully start the Flysimaware 441 , I think I need to get a diagram of the cockpit to properly find the prop locks. Hmmmm :(

This, and the other videos in the series may help you both. Enjoy.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Yeah, thanks. I've watched the Flysimware videos and they look nice. I think that I probably wouldn't be disappointed buying the plane based on those videos.

But, I haven't seen anything nearly equivalent for the Flight1 C441 so that's why I asked if anyone has compared them.

The Flight1 C441 was good in it's day, but that day was a long long time ago.

I have both and in my opinion the Flysimware is the better of the two.

For some strange reason known only to themselves Flysimware omitted the reflective cockpit windows from their C441 despite having this feature in all their other products and doing it very well. For that reason alone I do not have the aircraft installed any more.

• Upvote 1

+ 1 for Flysimware C441. Very nice addon... I like it.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

If you would like a newer production, you might also consider the Carenado F406 which is very well done.

Bert

If you would like a newer production, you might also consider the Carenado F406 which is very well done.

Nice plane Bert, but it's way short on the range I need.

I have yet to successfully start the Flysimaware 441 , I think I need to get a diagram of the cockpit to properly find the prop locks. Hmmmm :sad:

Once you have started the engines, you need to put the power levers  into revese briefly to unlock them, also when you shut down you neeed to put them into revese than shut them down to activate the locks.

The Flight1 C441 was good in it's day, but that day was a long long time ago.

I have both and in my opinion the Flysimware is the better of the two.

For some strange reason known only to themselves Flysimware omitted the reflective cockpit windows from their C441 despite having this feature in all their other products and doing it very well. For that reason alone I do not have the aircraft installed any more.

I agree - I think the Flight 1 version was actually originally developed for FS9 where I enjoyed flying it as a very well balanced product and where it was way ahead of most of the other small turboprop aircraft available for that platform. The FSX version however is showing its age and the Flysimware product is certainly the better of the two.

Once you have started the engines, you need to put the power levers  into revese briefly to unlock them, also when you shut down you neeed to put them into revese than shut them down to activate the locks.

Thanks, I will give that a try...I got frustrated, then instantly distracted by another aircraft in my hanger!!