Sign in to follow this  
Edmundo

Linda wont sync to FSX

Linda       2.6.7

Module   MSFS Default aircraft's  Version 1,

FSX

PMDG 777-200LR

Scot.

Apologizes for posting in the wrong forum.

I have checked my /FSX/modules/linda/ and linda-cfg/aircraft/ folders and the both contain the PMDG 777-200LR.

Linda still wont sync with FSX.

I have noticed that in /FSX/modules/linda/aircrafts/PMDG 747-400 there is a "ident.lua"file. the PMDG 747 works fine as does the default 737.

When I open the same folder for the PMDG 777-200LR there is no "ident.lua".  I have renamed the old ident lua file (I had saved on my desktop) which was named PMDG 777  to PMDG 777-200LR and copied it into /FSX/modules/linda/aircrafts/PMDG 777-200LR  and it seems to be working, I will go on and set up all the assignments and report back on the outcome 

edmundo

Linda       2.6.7

Module   MSFS Default aircraft's  Version 1,

FSX

PMDG 777-200LR

Scot.

Apologizes for posting in the wrong forum.

I have checked my /FSX/modules/linda/ and linda-cfg/aircraft/ folders and the both contain the PMDG 777-200LR.

Linda still wont sync with FSX.

I have noticed that in /FSX/modules/linda/aircrafts/PMDG 747-400 there is a "ident.lua"file. the PMDG 747 works fine as does the default 737.

When I open the same folder for the PMDG 777-200LR there is no "ident.lua".  I have renamed the old ident lua file (I had saved on my desktop) which was named PMDG 777  to PMDG 777-200LR and copied it into /FSX/modules/linda/aircrafts/PMDG 777-200LR  and it seems to be working, I will go on and set up all the assignments and report back on the outcome 

edmundo

That is your problem. The ident.lua file is critical to sync-ing LINDA with the simulator. I suggest you download and reinstall the 777 module. It contains the missing file and the critical entry = simfolder="PMDG 777".

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scot,

I have set up my 777 and just done a flight frpm EGLL to EGPH all controls on  MCP working well, after I finished the linda console reported the following error.

Please have you any idea what is the problem.  

Many thanks in advance for you help

edmundo 

\\MISSIONRANCH\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

LUA.1:  [sTART] New Flight Load - restarting...

LUA.1:  [sTART] Aircraft: PMDG 777-236LR British Airways (Fic

LUA.1:  [sTART] Air file: \\MISSIONRANCH\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Boeing737-800.AIR

LUA.1:  [sTART] Aircraft module detected: FSX Default

Aircraft="Boeing 737-800 Lauda Air"

LUA.1:  [sTART] New Aircraft Selected - restarting...

LUA.1:  [sTART] Aircraft: Boeing 737-800 Lauda Air

LUA.1:  [sTART] Air file: \\MISSIONRANCH\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Boeing737-800.AIR

LUA.2:  [iNIT] Starting Initialisation...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-aivlasoft

LUA.2:  [LIB] AivlaSoft library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-ATC

LUA.2:  [LIB] ATC library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-fallback

LUA.2:  [LIB] FSX standard library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-FS2Crew

LUA.2:  [LIB] FS2Crew library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-fsx

LUA.2:  [LIB] FSX Functions loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-IVAO

LUA.2:  [LIB] IVAO library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-realityxp

LUA.2:  [LIB] RealityXP library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-saitek

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-user

LUA.2:  [LIB] User Library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-VATSIM

LUA.2:  [LIB] VATSIM library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-vrinsight

LUA.2:  [LIB] VRInsight Function Library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-weather

LUA.2:  [LIB] Weather library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-a2amap

LUA.2:  [LIB] A2A MAP library loaded...

LUA.2:  [iNIT] Initializing Common Variables...

LUA.1:  [sTART] Aircraft: Boeing 737-800 Lauda Air

[E] *** LUA Error: H:\FSX\Modules\linda/system/init.lua:55: module 'linda/aircrafts/0/actions' not found:

no field package.preload['linda/aircrafts/0/actions']linda/aircrafts/0/actions

no file 'H:\FSX\modules\linda/aircrafts/0/actions.lua'

no file 'H:\FSX\modules\linda/aircrafts/0/actions\init.lua'

no file 'H:\FSX\modules\lua\linda/aircrafts/0/actions.lua'

no file 'H:\FSX\modules\lua\linda/aircrafts/0/actions\init.lua'

no file 'H:\FSX\modules\lua\linda/aircrafts/0/actions.dll'

no file 'H:\FSX\modules\lua\loadall.dll'

LUA.1:  [sTART] Aircraft module detected: 0

LUA.1:  [sTART] Aircraft module detected: 0

I am pleased the PDMG 777 is now working but I am confused with the Console file you sent. It suggests that you were trying to load the B737-800 and not the PDMG 777. This suggests that it is loading the default FSX 737.

The problem is that it is not finding the correct aircraft folders. LINDA has decided the aircraft as '0'. Check that you haven't corrupted the index.lua files you were looking at.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scot.

Many thanks for your help with this matter, I have done another two flights Linda and VRinsight MCP are working well.

However when I close Linda I am still getting two Error messages in boxes saying Access Violation at Address 007C117A in Module 'Linda.exe' Read of Address 0000000.

I close this error window then I get a second error window saying Exception  EAccessViolation in Module Linda.exe  at 00350B87. Access Violation at Address 00750B87 in Module Linda.exe  Read of Address 000002C8.  

I think a re install may be the best way forward.

Backup. What is the best way to backup Linda prior to a new installation?  (Drag to desktop) Or is there a better way?

I have spent quite a lot of time reassigning my aircrafts buttons and rotaries on the MCP, Can I save this for putting back into the updated version of Linda, and if so what is the best way of doing this? 

In the installation notes for 2.6.7 it states if 2.6.was not successfully installed, to delete all Linda files and folders. (Does this mean delete Linda and Linda cfg in FSX folder, and Delete Linda and Linda cfg in FSX modules folder as well? 

When I re install Linda 2.6.7 Is it best to drag from the desktop the new modules and sound folders to the FSX directory. Or do they go into /FSX/Modules folder ?

Apologizes for being a pain over this, But I obviously got it wrong last time, unzipping folders is not a strong point of mine. 

Many thanks for your patience with this matter.

edmundo.

Hi Scot.

Many thanks for your help with this matter, I have done another two flights Linda and VRinsight MCP are working well.

However when I close Linda I am still getting two Error messages in boxes saying Access Violation at Address 007C117A in Module 'Linda.exe' Read of Address 0000000.

I close this error window then I get a second error window saying Exception  EAccessViolation in Module Linda.exe  at 00350B87. Access Violation at Address 00750B87 in Module Linda.exe  Read of Address 000002C8.  

I think a re install may be the best way forward.

Backup. What is the best way to backup Linda prior to a new installation?  (Drag to desktop) Or is there a better way?

I have spent quite a lot of time reassigning my aircrafts buttons and rotaries on the MCP, Can I save this for putting back into the updated version of Linda, and if so what is the best way of doing this? 

In the installation notes for 2.6.7 it states if 2.6.was not successfully installed, to delete all Linda files and folders. (Does this mean delete Linda and Linda cfg in FSX folder, and Delete Linda and Linda cfg in FSX modules folder as well? 

When I re install Linda 2.6.7 Is it best to drag from the desktop the new modules and sound folders to the FSX directory. Or do they go into /FSX/Modules folder ?

Apologizes for being a pain over this, But I obviously got it wrong last time, unzipping folders is not a strong point of mine. 

Many thanks for your patience with this matter.

edmundo.

Hi Edmundo

I think there is a fault is the code causing the Access Violation errors. Provided that LINDA is working correctly in use I would not be too concerned. A reinstall will not solve the issue and I need your help to identify what is going wrong. I will PM you (later) with a link to a test build to enable me to better identify the problem.

What devices and aircraft are you using when the errors occur? How are you exiting LINDA? Are you closing it on its own or are you closing FSX first? Are you closing LINDA while FSX is open or while it is also closing? A description of your process will allow me to diagnose the problem.

There may be a typo in the release notes incorrectly referring to 2.6.6 - it should refer to 2.6.7. To back up, create a folder and copy-and-paste the folder /modules/linda and modules/linda-cfg into it. When you install LINDA you are copying fresh copies of the folders /linda and /linda-cfg and contents on top of the existing files. Your aircraft setups should be undisturbed and should work as before. However, if you do hit problems then you can delete the existing folders (after first backing then up) and do a fresh install. You then need to copy back any aircraft files as required. You need to copy the aircraft specific files from both /linda/aircrafts and /linda-cfg/aircrafts. 

In the distribution files there are 2 folders: /modules and /sounds. These need to be copied into the main Flt Sim (FSX/P3D folder).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scot,

My Devices are Saitek Yoke, Go flight TQ6 throttle. Go flight landing gear and flap module, VRinsight MCP 2 Combo, 

I always exit FSX by the same way "End flight,re load the default flight, then end the default flight. then shut Linda on the red X, then shut Active sky next.

I have just finished another flight and tried shutting Linda down before I shut FSX, I still had the same,  Access Violation at Address 007C117A in Module 'Linda.exe' Read of Address 0000000.

Exception  EAccessViolation in Module Linda.exe  at 00350B87. Access Violation at Address 00750B87 in Module Linda.exe  Read of Address 000002C8.  

I hope this helps you in any way Scot, if I can help in any other way let me know.

Once again many thanks for your help.

edmundo