Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

ASN SP4 makes P3D stutters after 15-20 min of usage.

gettinfg some good results with locked 30fps in sim msaa x2 and mfaa on. GPU load only peaks occasionaly and smooth in bad weather with GA aircraft.Still more testing . The jaggies are not too bad .

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Just to let you know that without the proper affinity mask the sim will max out across the chip overheating it. Turning HT off merely halves the problem.

...and the incorrect mask will mean consume double VAS with HT enabled, again, merely halving the problem by turning off HT. There will be some heat increase with HT on as it does more work switching threads more efficiently.

Steve...thanks, I'll give HT a go again, I know there are tons of AM discussion on the board so I'll see what I can find.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

Fellows,

I was wondering if ASN provides a free installer for P3D if you already have FSX ASN? Or,  do customers need to purchase a new installer for P3D ?

Fellows,

I was wondering if ASN provides a free installer for P3D if you already have FSX ASN? Or,  do customers need to purchase a new installer for P3D ?

As an owner of Active Sky Next you can install ASN for FSX or for P3D. If you are using both simulators then you need to buy one more ASN.

Steve...thanks, I'll give HT a go again, I know there are tons of AM discussion on the board so I'll see what I can find.

OK worth a look. Shame to leave the expensive HT mode unused on those chips.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

So, if I understand you correctly, when moving to P3D, customers need to purchase the PD3 version?  I thought they would provide you P3D installer for free- like what Aerosoft, ORBX, and most all developers do. I have a 'million' addons and it would be daunting task having to purchase each one. Of course I don't know much of the developers details; I'm sure there could be good reasons for doing so.

As an owner of Active Sky Next you can install ASN for FSX or for P3D. If you are using both simulators then you need to buy one more ASN.

Quoting from their sales literature:

"A single ASN license permits either or both FSX and Prepar3D versions to be installed and used on a single machine"

However,

"License is valid for one computer/installation only.  Moving software to another computer will deactivate the previous computer.  10 automatic reactivations are permitted.  Multiple-computer installations will require an individual ASN license for each computer that it is installed on."

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Hmmm...just came back home and decided to check my Z170 BIOS - it appears that HT is ON (!!!) by default. Very strange. I'm going to turn it OFF as I'm planning to do more ASN tests tomorrow as well as play around with OC. 

Also,

I noticed that I have 3 separate versions of simconnect installed, but as far as I remember, only 2 are needed. Do you think that this set-up is OK and it will not hurt the performance of either P3D or ASN

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r28f0kw95hc0ir3/Capture.PNG?dl=0

First turn off all AA, and default the NVCP profile. Anti-aliasing simply caps the fps at some point blurring the results while trying to set up for performance. Once set up, bring on AA until it starts to dent the performance then back off a notch.

With the 4 core, enable HT and use the Affinity Mask 85 and test. If you can make ASN run above core zero, on say cores 1,2,3, then continue to use AM=85. If you can only force ASN to start on core zero, then try AM=116. This uses 3 cores like AM=14 with HT Off, leaving core zero free for ASN. However with HT on the AM=116 can utilise 4 logical processors in a way that uses those three cores more efficiently. And with HT enabled, process switching time is halved overall. HT on will increase the heat if the proper AM is not used, and the sim will be unable to perform any better at 4GHz with more than 4 jobs running on 4 LPs.

When making performance tests use for example the stock B58, since the stock A36 requires a different mode of AA and can confuse the results while finding a setup. Beware some planes (like the A36) and scenery objects, can look poorly anti-aliased unless NI and Sparse grid sampling is utilised, halving your fps.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Limiting the frames to 30fps brings down the load . 

I do the same,  find it great.  I have settled at 31 fps 

I think it can be related to heat? 80c seems high on the GPU.

Under heavy load my GPUS GTX970SC hit around 72-73c.

I had SLI at 100% yesterday during a VFR flight in amazing RPLL which is a scenery i highly recommend btw.

I had a lot of stutter even with fps at 27-32.

I found out that having building shadows on in this intense scenery was the cause.

I can managed 30-40 fps maxed out in RPLL with the PMDG 777

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

First turn off all AA, and default the NVCP profile. Anti-aliasing simply caps the fps at some point blurring the results while trying to set up for performance. Once set up, bring on AA until it starts to dent the performance then back off a notch.

With the 4 core, enable HT and use the Affinity Mask 85 and test. If you can make ASN run above core zero, on say cores 1,2,3, then continue to use AM=85. If you can only force ASN to start on core zero, then try AM=116. This uses 3 cores like AM=14 with HT Off, leaving core zero free for ASN. However with HT on the AM=116 can utilise 4 logical processors in a way that uses those three cores more efficiently. And with HT enabled, process switching time is halved overall. HT on will increase the heat if the proper AM is not used, and the sim will be unable to perform any better at 4GHz with more than 4 jobs running on 4 LPs.

When making performance tests use for example the stock B58, since the stock A36 requires a different mode of AA and can confuse the results while finding a setup. Beware some planes (like the A36) and scenery objects, can look poorly anti-aliased unless NI and Sparse grid sampling is utilised, halving your fps.

Just finished my OC set-up and passed 1hour RealBench and AIDA64 tests with 4.6Ghz/1.35v on i7-6700k/Z170 Deluxe. HT is turned OFF and AF set to 14. More tests will follow this week, HiFi Team is assisting me with that.

Don't plan to use HT=ON as I'm planning to hit 4.7-4.8 level within few weeks.

I think it can be related to heat? 80c seems high on the GPU.

I can only repeat my question - who said that 80c is high?

Is your download weather interval set at every 15 min in ASN ? If so and you are getting stutters every 15

Min.

Could be your internet speed or connection problems.

I had the same problem at one point with slow internet speed and shared connection.

I had then changed it to unlimited direct connection and high speed internet

Problem solved.