Sign in to follow this  
kenz

Can this config be improved ?

Don't know where you got that piece about the Kinsgton SSD. I've read some very good reviews on it.

They silently switched from synchronous to asynchronous NAND, cutting performance by a significant amount and causing quite a controversy:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

Since all reviews were done with the earlier, synchronous version, they are somewhat misleading.

I recently picked up the 480GB version during a sale, using it as a secondary SSD. From the benchmarks I've run, it actually seems to be using the faster synchronous NAND. It's possible the switch only affected the 120/240GB versions, or perhaps they have once again switched to faster NAND. Or maybe the increased parallelism of the 480GB version masks the performance issues with asynchronous NAND.

I'd still pick this over something like the BX200 or Triton, however the problem with this drive is that you won't know what you're buying. *Your* V300 might come with either type of NAND and there's no way of telling since they have the same model number.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

finally I went to second hand market and got this for 900€, 6month old (still under warantly), mounted by professionals, W10 pro license, 350€ under my forcasted budget, I think it's a good deal, don't you ?

Boitier fractal design define R5 black
Processeur: Intel i7 4790K refresh
Carte mère: Asus Z97-P
Carte graphique : MSI GTX 970 gaming 4go
Ram : GSKILL DDR3 16g (2x8) FC3-1600C9D
Disque dur: SSD SANDISK ULTRA 240 GB
WESTERN caviar blue 1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6gb/s
Alimentation : BE QUIET ! STRAIGHT power E9---580W GOLD

+ WINDOWS 10 PRO
+ carte wifi/Bluetooth, lecteur DVD/graveur
+ ventilateur de processeur BE QUIET silentwings 2 120mm

Now I need to buy a 500go SSD or 1To SSHD for p3d

I did install AVIRA antivirus, is it a good choice for fsx/p3d computer ?

nstall AVIRA antivirus

That is a tres bien bargain you have picked up for €900. well done.

Avira in a recent review came out the best of the freeware AVs. I switched from advert-laden Avast to Avira, and it has no effect on either FSX-SE or P3Dv2.5.

I did install AVIRA antivirus, is it a good choice for fsx/p3d computer ?

Microsoft security Essentials for me. Always worked great, low footprint and never let me down.