Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

DA20 Katana (N854S)

Does anyone still use this charming little sewing machine engined aeroplane? Paint jobs that are a tad different are like hen's teeth. This one just scrapes through....I think. :unknw:

Real one. (Lives in St.Louis, Missouri.)

n854sreal.jpg

Mine:

n854s1.jpg

n854s2.jpg

n854s3.jpg

n854s4.jpg

On AVSIM awaiting clearance and  MediaFire now.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks for the paint Ron.  I still put a lot of hours on this aircraft, it's one of my all-time favorites.  Handles like a gem, great visibility, and although it's very in-depth systems wise, it's a simple enough aircraft that you can easily stay on top of it all.  I actually prefer it over the A2A fleet that I own in regards to it's wear and tear / maintenance features.

It's great to see another paint job offered for it. I found it a bit of a bear to paint, depending on how creative (un-real world) you want to get.  I really should get around to zipping up and uploading the three or four that I finished for it. They are all no-where's near 'prototypical' for a DA20, but hey, it's great to have a little fun. :wink:

I'll post a few pics in a few minutes, just to share!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks. Actually, the real one's purple is a bit darker. I changed it for the MediFire upload. Link above.

Jimmy, I discovered that because of the composite material it's made of, it can't be painted in the way we would like. Real world creativity is somewhat limited.

Jimmy, I discovered that because of the composite material it's made of, it can't be painted in the way we would like. Real world creativity is somewhat limited.

In our sims, it can always be painted the way we'd like! :wink:

I took a few quick snaps of the ones that I finished for the DA20.  The insides all have custom little details too, such as replacing the books, map, etc with custom stuff. Sorry for the jaggy edges though - this laptop is what I code/paint/create on, not what I fly with!  It just can't handle high levels of fancy AA!

004.jpg
003.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Does anyone still use this charming little sewing machine engined aeroplane? Paint jobs that are a tad different are like hen's teeth. This one just scrapes through....I think. :unknw:

Real one. (Lives in St.Louis, Missouri.)

n854sreal.jpg

Mine:

n854s1.jpg

n854s2.jpg

n854s3.jpg

n854s4.jpg

On AVSIM awaiting clearance and  MediaFire now.

:smile:

:smile:

My apologies Ron.  In retrospect, I should of saved my screens to post to another screnshot thread; didn't realize at the time that this was likely your advertisement thread for your paint.  I was just too darn excited to see activity on what is, in all seriousness, my all time favorite aircraft in FSX/P3D.

Thanks again for the hard work; hopefully you do a few more of your fantastic liveries for it. :smile:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Accepted. If I thought it was deliberate, it wouldn't have been a smiley. :smile:

Cheers.

I really should get around to zipping up and uploading the three or four that I finished for it.

Yes please Jimmy, they look great!

One of my favourites too.

Regards

Mick