Sign in to follow this  

Canadian Dollar hits US$0.69

I think we are in for far worse than 2008 and not just us.

I agree.

The world’s economy is in serious trouble and I hope people have made preparations to protect their wealth.  Get informed, learn and prepare.  Don't be surprised like the people of Greece when a "Banking Holiday" occurs.  If you followed the Greece debt fiasco, you'll soon realize who controls that nation, not your Government, but the banking cabal.

Quote:  "Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws"  Amchel Rothschild.

The Baltic Dry Index has never been this low in history.

Historic First: North Atlantic empty of Cargo Ships in-transit - ALL anchored along coasts; none moving

Why does your Government, which is authorized by its constitution to create and issue interest-free money, instead, borrows that money at interest from a privately owned central bank?

The consequence of the failing economies can be blamed on one thing.  

The corrupt ponzi banking system we've been enslaved too.

The banking cabal run the world and set the prices of everything.  

The leaders of Western Governments are merely paid puppets.

Privately owned central banks that control a nations economy robs you of your wealth and plunges a nation in perpetual debt.

The Western banking system is based on debt.  Money is created from debt/credit by private banks.

Currency rate manipulation is a hidden tax to rob the people of their wealth.

Inflation is a hidden tax on the fiat based currency system we've been enslaved too.  

The price of oil is controlled by cabal.

The stock market is controlled by the cabal (High frequency trading).  It's called the 7 year cycle, every 7 years the stock market crashes.  

Stock market crashes are a hidden tax to steal the your wealth.  Keep interest rates low, and people are forced to invest in the risky markets.

The falling dollar doesn’t help the people of the nation, it helps the bankers get rich.

The Bank of Canada was taken over by a foreign entity in 1974.

The people of Canada are trying to get the Bank of Canada returned to Canada in a law suit "Comer vs The Bank of Canada".

People should take the time to understand their banking system as I tried to share here.

During the last G20 meeting, the member nations decided that your bank deposits will become property of the bank if a crisis takes it down.

Bail-in's are now the law in Europe as of Jan 1st, 2016.

In Canada, the Bail-in scheme is already law.

In the US, you are now an unsecured depositor and The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) will not protect you.

The European Central Bank (ECB) is now running negative interest rates.

Canada is now thinking of negative interest rates.

The Federal Reserve (A privately owned bank) is now warning of negative rates.

Negative interest rates?  Another hidden tax on your wealth?

Anyone claiming the economy Is NOT in decline is Peddling Fiction.

RJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bt_z50huFSw

On the flip side, gas is about 40-50 cents/litre cheaper than it was when the Canadian dollar was near par, so I tell myself the money I'm saving on fuel offsets the increased cost of addons...not that i've actually done the math...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

so I tell myself the money I'm saving on fuel offsets the increased cost of addons...not that i've actually done the math...

How do you cover the huge jump in the cost of groceries?

Do you drive more to increase the offset?

RJ

I didn't say it was great logic, just my logic :)

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

All economic indicators are pointing towards a global recession, we're very due for one and the whole global debt crisis is going to cause one hell of a collapse. The only thing keeping the AUD CAD RUB pinned low is the simple fact that all capital is flowing into dollars and them countries are massive commodity exporters, because consumer spending is still maintaining itself at the minute, as soon as people start tightening their belts, those strong currencies will start to fall, some pretty interesting times ahead...or of your smart, a massive opportunity to increase your wealth substantially...

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

If Governments were companies and regularly traded insolvent as they do, they'd all be imprisoned. Simple maths says that more going out then is coming in wont work!

Mark L.

This is how I felt when the AU was worth more than the dollar and I was paying $35 for one orbx airport,or when the dollar was worth .50 eur and a plane or scenery from simmarket cost a fortune.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Oh, boo hoo...

Here in south america it's 14 to 1.

Let me put a little perspective there for ya...

A person making minimum wage has a salary of roughly 333 US dollars a month...

See yourself buying many add-ons with that budget?

So sorry if you don't see me shed a tear for your 70 cent dollar...

• Upvote 2

Minimum wage in New Zealand is much higher then minimum wage in the USA, and a lot more people earn a higher wage then minimum.

In New Zealand everyone gets 4 weeks vacation a year plus 10 public holidays and 5 sick days. So a total of 35 days off a year. Minimum wage is currently $14.25

USA various state to state but minimum is much lower and days off per year you are lucky to get any. I would rather be poor in NZ then in the USA. Also an adventure island so even poor you have lots to do

Matthew Kane

Minimum wage in New Zealand is much higher then minimum wage in the USA, and a lot more people earn a higher wage then minimum.

In New Zealand everyone gets 4 weeks vacation a year plus 10 public holidays and 5 sick days. So a total of 35 days off a year. Minimum wage is currently $14.25

USA various state to state but minimum is much lower and days off per year you are lucky to get any. I would rather be poor in NZ then in the USA. Also an adventure island so even poor you have lots to do

$14.25 an hour is more then our soldiers get paid,its pretty sad how badly paid and benefited Americans are compared to the rest of the 1st world countries. We tried to pass a national healthcare system but oh no that would have cost the insurance companies so we the people have to pay out the ear for insurance and copay. Im having a simple hernia operation and its gonna cost me $15,000 out of pocket and thats with insurance coverage

• Upvote 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

To return to the Canadian/American dollar situation, the 70 cent Canadian dollar will definitely affect my purchases. As a Canadian, I don't think I'll be buying any hardware (just upgraded to a PFC yoke, fortunately), and I'm going to think twice about buying aircraft, especially from certain developers.

By the way, David, I had a simple hernia operation in 2006, and last Friday, I had arthroscopic surgery on my knee to repair the meniscus in my right knee (a meniscectomy). The cost for each operation: $0.00 in both Canadian and American dollars. :-)

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Let's compare it this way for each country converted into US Dollars for earning and spending

Canadian Minimum Wage - $7.10 USD

US Minimum Wage - $7.25 USD

New Zealand Minimum Wage - $9.12 USD

Australia Minimum Wage - $11.64 USD

So based on a 35 hour work week for 52 weeks and 5% of your savings going towards Flight Sim per year this ends up being

Canadians - $646.74 USD per year

Americans - $659.75 USD per year

Kiwi's - $829.92 USD per year

Aussies - $1059.27 USD per year

Therefore Canadians are not too far off their American counterparts as Canadians historically are higher earners but the recent fluctuation puts the Canadian salaries not too far off. Aussies and Kiwi's are higher earners then Canadians and Americans and currently are still in a better buying position even with a much lower dollar.

Doesn't look too bad really but with the lower Canadian Dollar also means that the Canadian Economy will boom in Ontario and Manufacturing and slightly away from Natural Resources which offers a much broader range of employment opportunities. Canada is just going through some short term adjustment but the lower dollar has significant benefits and salaries in Canada will go up as a result.

Could do this again based on average incomes per nation but probably not too far off as well.

Matthew Kane

All you US/Canada/Oz/Kiwi simmers. Just imagine from today on you have to pay 20-25% more for your addons.

That's exactly what we have to do in Europe. It is called VAT (Value Added Tax) and it is so high in the EU.

And that is even though the minimum wages happen to be much lower. For instance in my country it is just 2.45 USD (and the 23% VAT!).

Talking about bad economy? :smile:

Hi Rafal,

we have taxes applied, too. I live in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia. When I pay for an addon with Paypal, they automatically add the 15% GST.

Peter