Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

I bought the Capt Sim 777 while on sale to see if I would like the 777 in general. Now that I do like it I am interested in getting the PMDG version and would like to know, from those that have both versions, a few things.

How do the frame rates compare between the two versions.

What do like on the PMDG version that is missing from or better than the CS version.

It is a lot of bucks to go for the PMDG plane but if it gets as good as or better frame rates and is that much of a better product than it might worth it to me.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul get the PMDG 777 You will not be disappointed - CS version is a bit tough on fps - PMDG version is probably better as I have not tried the 777 PMDG in P3D due to my new system build - I would bet on it and has a lot more bells and whistles - lighting blows away CS version and get the fsfxpackages for the PMDG 777 its awesome

Rich Sennett

Thanks, still looking for recommendations here.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul I never bought the Captain sim version.

Put I can say the PMDG 777 is Properly the best addon airliner you or I could buy. Why?

Well the FMC is better than the NG's, with PREF/WX/ROUTE uplinks etc

The VC is more polished than the NG's

The FPS within P3D are great, for me at gate 517(off the top of my head at EGLL max setting aerosoft EGLL with the 777 42 FPS.

VAS now is as low as the NG.

Its very automated to the NG, So in a lot of ways easier to fly.

Just be warned it does not set your landing speeds like the NG does you have to enter them yourself, strange given how automated the aircraft is.

Its stunning and I could not image for 1 seconds you would regret buying it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

How does it hand fly land? I find that the Capt Sim verion has a tendancy to wallow a bit and very hard to line up a low speed.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

How does it hand fly land? I find that the Capt Sim verion has a tendancy to wallow a bit and very hard to line up a low speed.

You are correct about wallow in CS version - in PMDG version there is none

Rich Sennett

I land this (awesone) little bird manually every time and I love it. No probs correcting line up til last sec, and I fly with a Logitech Attack Joy. 30 fps in VC with every weather ASN throws at me.

Recommend this addon. I've flown it since first version for FSX. Cannot comment on CS.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Like a dream.

On Final, very stable, very easy to control. 

Never done a Auto land and never will.

Love hand flying the 777, normally up-to around FL140, Turn off AP at the 10 mile mark when landing.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

PMDG 777, in my point of view, to date is the best airliner ever made for p3d. I had the CS777 in fsx, loved the model but very hard on fps, did not like the vc.

Go for the PMDG 777, worth every single cent!

McDan out

Beware: Just with all the options in pmdg 777, you spend easily a day trying them all :-), to operate, the 777 is very high automated plane, easy as pie ;-)

Thanks, one problem I have just discovered is that the pmdg 777 does not have an EFB like the CS version does. This is important and I do use it for charts.

I also wish pmdg would have a full feature list I could look through.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I use an ipad for all that.

Thats about the only "feature" it does not have. The 300 even has the cameras.

I use an ipad for all that.

Thats about the only "feature" it does not have. The 300 even has the cameras.

All I *personally* miss is the checklists of the Aerosoft Airbus, you need FS2Crew for this in the 777.

Otherwise the PMDG 777 is the best addon I've seen so far! That's why I cannot wait to get the 747 v2!

Sure the PMDG777 is the most complex tuber out there and really has the feeling of smooth operation even when hand flying. (must be the best hand flying tuber out there for sure)

When they did a hole new "fly-by-wire" programming , the aircraft also changed to "state-of- the-art" simming experience in my opinion.

Regarding the speeds  in the FMC (and alot of other things as well)  for the approach page the philosophy is different than the NGX yes .

They are only recommendations and normally you dont change anything in the the legs page as i understand. You would only use MCP speed intervention for the ILS approach. Offcause this must be different doing a RNAV/RNP approach with VNAV i guess.

The taxi cameras on the latest version is so nicely done all though they cut your FPS in half but 20-25fps on pushback is also nice :-)

Go for it  -

and then if you are hooked you can get the immersion pack and maybe the FS2CREW F/O and then why not the Angle of Attack training series for the 777?

Ohh boy my creditcard over the years has gone red glowing  :wink:

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On Final, very stable, very easy to control. 

I just got the CS 777 recently during the sale. I like it very much, except for its handling on final. I find it very hard to control because it hardly reacts to my yoke's input. Rudder works fine, but especially the elevator only produces minimal changes. However, it reacts strongly on trim changes, so I mostly use trim and rudder to land it.

The interesting thing is that I don't have these issues after departing, everything just works fine then. I still didn't get to the bottom of this issue.

The CS 777 is not quite as nice as the PMDG 777, which I have for FSX. However, the CS 777 is nevertheless a very good plane. Considering that PMDG ask for a preposterous amount of money to re-buy (!) the plane for P3D, I couldn't be happier with the CS 777.

Peter

Yes the CS is a bear to line up for landing when going low and slow. I have had one succesful autoland but mostly it gets confused in the final stages and I have to manually correct or mess with the auto pilot speed and alt. If I could just get it to line up correctly I can then manual land.

The PMDG is tempting but there is really no good feature list. The list on the PMDG site is brief and I am sure it has a lot more going for it than that list indicates.

One thing, does the PMDG have an auto checklist? By that I mean does it do the items for you as you check them off? I like checklist but have spent hours looking for the correct item sometimes.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png