Sign in to follow this  
Chris Bell

Aerosoft Night Environment norway v1.71 Released! (P3Dv3 Compatible)

Yes, I forgot to mention, I tried downloading from both German and US servers anf have reinstalled 3 times with same results.

since we have a dedicated support forums; our support section here on AVSIM was dissolved among the various areas (consensual);

I suggest you stop by our forums so I can work with you closely figuring out what going on there;

it does sound like something isn’t working as expect for you,

I can OOM flying over downtown Oslo as it is now. Adding NE would mean I'd really have to drop settings down. Maybe to a point where NE lights are so few they not even noticeable or worth it?

That is a possibility; you can remedy some of the stress during night flight without losing any visual effects;

Just brows our performance and tweaking area on our forums to learn how to enhance your night environment,

Regardless which third party night add-ons being used;

NE will always show its dominance when turned on; even at its lowest settings! (you can read and visually see why in our FAQ area)

you can quote me on that! you will still not be able to notice ftx lights at NE's lowest settings!

they will be noticeable because they pop up; NE's visuals will still completely take over,

you will not be able to ignore NE's presence no matter what else you have there or how low NE is on,

Is there a manual to configure everything properly with ftx and vector ....

yes; our forums are full with all that good stuff you need to take full advantage of NE,

we also included pre-defined settings as a starting point in NEXM;

pull down the settings menu and you will find 3 predefined profile settings to start with as your baseline,

as for ftx lights you can go several ways about it; there is no one fit all solution,

mix them with NE, partially mix 3rd party lights; or completely exclude them out,

either way you prefer the both sceneries are compatible with each other and can easily integrate seamlessly together (as seen in the video),

the basic manual NE and NEXM ship with has good information to get you started and familiar with all the elements you can control,

nevertheless the information we have accumulated on our support forums cannot be put in the manual;

think of it as a live manual where you can communicate directly with me and our community can offer their input in various settings and scenarios,

the built in manual’s are nice; but our forums provide much more in-depth and extensive information related to NE directly,

But FTX Global (and maybe Vector) I'm assuming here is what's being used as that's all that's available from Orbx in this area, is totally different than a "fat" region from Orbx like Norway especially. I can OOM flying over downtown Oslo as it is now. Adding NE would mean I'd really have to drop settings down. Maybe to a point where NE lights are so few they not even noticeable or worth it?

Is that in P3Dv3.1? I have both FTX Global and Orbx Norway installed alongside with AoN and payware ENTC, Svolvær, 20 payware European airports, NE and ASN and I'm nowhere close to an OOM even in the PMDG T7 anywhere in Norway. A while ago I tried flying from Mega Airport Berlin to Mega Airport Rome in the T7 to check VAS, and my VAS at start, during and landing was about 2,6, never reaching above 2,8, and thats with all my payware airports activated. Are you running this on very high settings?

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I’m with Tom there,

P3D v3.x is the only way to go today; hands down!

we still test NE on FSX and SE platforms; fact is we started with only FSX as our main platform few years back;

but today it is so inferior to what the guys at LM are doing to the sim platform; still in its 32bit limits!

it's absolutely ridicules to hang on to fsx or anything other than P3D v3.0 today (IMHO)

Is that in P3Dv3.1? I have both FTX Global and Orbx Norway installed alongside with AoN and payware ENTC, Svolvær, 20 payware European airports, NE and ASN and I'm nowhere close to an OOM even in the PMDG T7 anywhere in Norway. A while ago I tried flying from Mega Airport Berlin to Mega Airport Rome in the T7 to check VAS, and my VAS at start, during and landing was about 2,6, never reaching above 2,8, and thats with all my payware airports activated. Are you running this on very high settings?

Yes, in 3.1. I have pretty high settings. I know that. But I complete 9 out of 10 flights even with the high settings. I'm just saying that with Orbx Norway and NE, is it possible to run it with the NGX and still have it be worth it without having to drop settings so low that it won't pay much to have it

The more I think about it, I would probably just disable Orbx Norway when enabling NE as who needs all the detail of Orbx Norway at night anyway?

I think I will give this product a try once 3.2 comes out that fixes whatever bug exists now.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

So much have changes since fsx development stopped almost 10 years ago,
We were left behind with undeveloped platform that suffered issues with outdated software that couldn’t take advantage of new hardware capabilities,
Since there were 5 generations of operating systems; each generation vastly improving software and hardware integration;
It got to the point now that new processors will only support win 10 and up (sounds familiar for those who were on xp win2k years back?)
Same thing is happening again; huge upgrade on the horizon hardware wise with new CPU line from intel,
Heck people are doubling up their FPS today with the same hardware just upgrading their OS to the latest,

up until 2 years ago none of this mattered as we were stuck with what we had; well…
The guys at LM are taking all this new seamless software and hardware integration of these days;
and putting them to max usage in today’s sim, That’s what P3D v3 is!
Its 10 generation ahead of fsx and at least 5 from se!

I’m with Tom there,

P3D v3.x is the only way to go today; hands down!

we still test NE on FSX and SE platforms; fact is we started with only FSX as our main platform few years back;

but today it is so inferior to what the guys at LM are doing to the sim platform; still in its 32bit limits!

it's absolutely ridicules to hang on to fsx or anything other than P3D v3.0 today (IMHO)

Exactly!! The only valid reason IMO, to not be at P3Dv3 is simply $$$. If you can't afford it, I can understand that. Or, maybe because your computer can't handle it. Those are the only valid reasons I can see not having P3Dv3.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

since we have a dedicated support forums; our support section here on AVSIM was dissolved among the various areas (consensual);

I suggest you stop by our forums so I can work with you closely figuring out what going on there;

it does sound like something isn’t working as expect for you,

Hi again! I have fixed the issue. It was my Bitdefender Internet Security acting up and it kept blocking "nightenviromentx_manager.exe accessing a webresource ". I did not know nexm went online when being used, so once I whitelisted in the Webprotection-settings, everthing is in order:-) I already had nexm in the exclusionlist in the antivirus-settings but apparently that was not enough.

FYI; Bitdefender really doesnt like your nightenviroment webpages for some reason, I also had to whitelist your forum to gain access.

Edited by n4gix
Removed http://nexm***** by request.

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Tom, are you on 10?

NEXM will check for NEXM version update on startup,

if there is one you will get a small pop up when you open NEXM,

this is a feature that’s been requested by many of our customers as a way of keeping informed of updates;

without looking for them or finding out months later there was an update you missed,

No, it says 1.2:-)