Sign in to follow this  
Chris Bell

Aerosoft Night Environment norway v1.71 Released! (P3Dv3 Compatible)

Night Environment Norway v1.71 Released!
Night Environment Norway is finally getting a long waites face lift from Aerosoft,
this is a complete new version that includes our latest Textures and Quad installer; with support for Prepar3D v3.x,

the new release is coupled with our v1.7x series standards; including...
Read more here

norwayv1.71.jpg

Thank you! Been waiting for this one for a while:-)

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Downloaded and installed, done the configuration as described in the pdf(the 6-paged one launched from NEXM), NE is at the top in the Scenery library(only 1 area this time, no Level 3/2/1/0 and base), however, I can not see any nightlighting from NE, only the lights from Orbx Norway. No changes with NE Norway checked/unchecked in the library either, so something is not right. Any ideas?

This is in P3D v3 btw, the 3- paged pdf in the NE folder under P3D/Aerosoft seems to be a bit outdated.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I did! I at least think I followed the instructions, but heres what I did;

• Downloaded NE and installed it into P3Dv3.1
  • NEXM launched automatically
  • I hit the Tools button and selected Reset Region and chose Default Preset(also tried High, Mid and Basic)
  • Checked that Lights was set to On, Finetuning was all set to 100% and Night Map to On
  • Checked Selected FS was P3Dv3(greyed out as P3Dv3 is my only installed FS), Selected Region was Norway v1.7 and Selected subregion is greyed out but says Main Region
  • Hit the Apply changes and closed NEXM
  • Started P3D
  • Still no lights
  • Checked the Scenery library and confirmed the NE Norway is right at the top of that list and is checked

Next thing I did was check the Aerosoft folder and what I saw was this;

• In the Scenery folder, all bgl files was named xxxxxxxxxxx.BGL.OFF
  • So I figured those .OFF extensions should probably be removed by NEXM, but was not
  • I renamed allmost all files so that they now where BGL files. I chose not rename LYL1, LYL2, OL1, OL2, WL1, WL2, YL1,and YL2 as I think this might have something to do with the High,Med and Basic Settings. I did change to LYL3.BGL.OFF to LYL3.BGL and the same with OL3, WL3 and YL3. All Nightmap_PartXX was changed from BGL.OFF to BGL.
  • I let NorwayVectorExlude stay OFF as I suspect this has to do with the Orbx Vector software?
  • I launched P3D again and this time, Nightlighting was visible(and wonderfull)
  • I closed P3D and started writing this post, and to remember what the different settings I fired up NEXM again to check the name of the settings. When I did this, I also noticed that all the BGL files I renamed, was again renamed to BGL.OFF
  • Fired up P3D again to confirm my suspision and yes, NE was missing again

So my conclusion for now is that NEXM somehow wrongly sets all BGL files to BGL.OFF(I'm guessing its only supposed to set some of them depending on High, Mid or Basic, to OFF, not all?). I can workaround this once again by renaming all files and not launch NEXM, but I would prefer to figure this one out and make NEXM functional again. So NE is fine when I rename, but NEXM is a no go at the moment:-/ Hope you can shed some light on this:-)

Hi Tom,

i was hoping it was as simple as that; my apologies :)

i don’t like it when our customers don’t get the smooth "out of the box" WoW experience,

there is a chance you have a faulty installer!

can you download a new fresh installer;

reinstall and report back please,

Kind regards

Chris

Hi Stefan,

generally speaking and this should be common knowledge by now; any scenery has the potential to cause CTD's,

(NE could be contributing if your running thin as is); i suspect in this particular case it is not NE causing the CTD directly;

it is a bug found in v3.1 which has already been reported, traced, and expected update from LM should resolve this minor issue,

make sure you’re not pushing the limit unnecessarily at night so NE has room to operate;

read up on our forums how to properly setup for night time flights,

if you’re still getting delays during load time (3.1 bug); leave it alone for few minutes;

the scenery will eventually load normally,

you can read more on LM

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=116596

or read the discussion going on our support forums

http://forums.nightenvironment.com/topic/124-prepar3d-version-31

Well, the loading lag of up to 15 min is annoying, especially if one likes to change airport positions when the sim is started or if you want to make tests. Life time is limited...

It would be nice to know from LM when they are planning to release their fix for the bug that was introduced in 3.1. Obviously NE worked in P3D v3.0.

In the worst case, trusty NE customers need to wait for the P3D v3.2 release, which can take up to several months. Not good, hopefully LM will publish a patch sooner.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

are the lights also visibile when on "cruising" altitude for example FL350 ? 

That`s a thing which is extremly disturbing me at FTX Products ( Global , ....) on the ground or till FL100 the look great but as soon as you climb more everything is totaly dark. 

that`s the point where i like GEP3D and UTX V2 much much more.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

So, I believe based on what I've read so far that this is compatible with all 3rd party scenery.  Has anyone tried running this with Orbx FTX EU Norway?  Even more specifically, is it even remotely possible to run this w/ Orbx Norway region and Aerosoft Norway airports and, the NGX???  I'm assuming this is just asking for an OOM and is the main reason I have not bought this.  I know you can configure it at different levels but if running the above combination means I have to have the settings for NE so low that it won't make much difference, then it's not really going to be worth it in the end.  Can anyone prove me wrong here and care to share their settings so I can see just how low you have to go in order to add this into the mix?

Even if the answers to this so far are positive, it sounds like I'd at least have to wait for P3Dv3.2 before I attempted to try this with the bug.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

hopefully LM will publish a patch sooner.

i dont think we will need to hold off for months for the update;

Goldfrab didnt mention it will be fixed in 3.2; an alternative for the optimists among us :)

are the lights also visibile when on "cruising" altitude for example FL350 ?

wouldn’t publish my product any other way;

don’t take my word for it; let your own eyes see the differences!

(min 2:30 i start to climb up fast; i set the video to start at that time;

but i don’t think the link will start on time; manually slide to min 2:30 sit back and watch in 1080HD)

Has anyone tried running this with Orbx FTX EU Norway? Even more specifically, is it even remotely possible to run this w/ Orbx Norway region and Aerosoft Norway airports and, the NGX??? I'm assuming this is just asking for an OOM

don’t assume; you know what you do when you "as$ u me" :P

we worked very hard the past few years to base your opinion on assumption alone!

once again; let your eyes do the learning

the user below is running NE Germany with FTX together

(IMO he should have turned FTX off there; it takes away from the effect having lights turn on in clusters in front of you autogen style;

the lights that flicker on and off are ftx lights mixed in with NE's lights; also take a moment to read the gentleman’s specs as well; which will knock your socks off on top)

you can also read an independent review made for one of our biggest regions ever

http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/jg/nef/nef.htm

Hi Tom,

i was hoping it was as simple as that; my apologies :)

i don’t like it when our customers don’t get the smooth "out of the box" WoW experience,

there is a chance you have a faulty installer!

can you download a new fresh installer;

reinstall and report back please,

Kind regards

Chris

Yes, I forgot to mention, I tried downloading from both German and US servers anf have reinstalled 3 times with same results. I also should mention that I previosly had NEXM installed as a standalone while waiting for the 1.7 version and before knowing NEXM would be bundled with the NE package. I have deleted this, but since I couldnt find a uninstallapp for NEXM only, I just deleted that folder. Dont know if there are any remains from the old NEXM in the registry that could be causing some issues? When I run NEXM, I run the one thats installed by NE. In any case, where in the registry is the NE-related stuff located so that I can clean it and try once more?

i dont think we will need to hold off for months for the update;

Goldfrab didnt mention it will be fixed in 3.2; an alternative for the optimists among us :)

wouldn’t publish my product any other way;

don’t take my word for it; let your own eyes see the differences!

(min 2:30 i start to climb up fast; i set the video to start at that time;

but i don’t think the link will start on time; manually slide to min 2:30 sit back and watch in 1080HD)

don’t assume; you know what you do when you "as$ u me" :P

we worked very hard the past few years to base your opinion on assumption alone!

once again; let your eyes do the learning

the user below is running NE Germany with FTX together

(IMO he should have turned FTX off there; it takes away from the effect having lights turn on in clusters in front of you autogen style;

the lights that flicker on and off are ftx lights mixed in with NE's lights; also take a moment to read the gentleman’s specs as well; which will knock your socks off on top)

you can also read an independent review made for one of our biggest regions ever

http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/jg/nef/nef.htm

But FTX Global (and maybe Vector) I'm assuming here is what's being used as that's all that's available from Orbx in this area, is totally different than a "fat" region from Orbx like Norway especially. I can OOM flying over downtown Oslo as it is now. Adding NE would mean I'd really have to drop settings down. Maybe to a point where NE lights are so few they not even noticeable or worth it?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Thanks chris :-)

So i will Purchase alps soon for testing :-)

Is there a manual to configure everything properly with ftx and vector ....

:-)

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT