Sign in to follow this  
N3265A

Extremly slow frame rates in P3D

Hello,

I just installed P3D, and I have very slow frame rates. In the 3D cockpit, I'm only getting 6 FPS and in the 2D cockpit, I get 15 to 20. I am not running any add-ons, and my computer specs should be just fine. In FSX, I could easily get 25 to 30 while running add-ons like active sky. Is there anything I am doing wrong, or is there something I should upgrade? (hardware or software)

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Hello,

I just installed P3D, and I have very slow frame rates. In the 3D cockpit, I'm only getting 6 FPS and in the 2D cockpit, I get 15 to 20. I am not running any add-ons, and my computer specs should be just fine. In FSX, I could easily get 25 to 30 while running add-ons like active sky. Is there anything I am doing wrong, or is there something I should upgrade? (hardware or software)

Thanks in advance,

Jason

What are your computer specs?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I customized my computer from HP a few years back, so I don't remember the exact specs, but here is a link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03369941 I got somewhere on the better side. In P3D my specs are almost the default. All of the terrain settings are on medium, and there is no traffic at all. Besides that, everything is on default. I know my computer specs are not great, but I got much better in fsx.

Have you got any undocked windows? Seems undocked windows can half your fps.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

If I undock the GPS in the stock B58, my fps halves.

Check and see if you get any change in fps if you undock the GPS in the B58...No change may indicate (or may not) your sim is somehow set into this "odd half frame rate situation" in another way.

I checked this on another couple of PCs and they had the same symptoms.

My frame rates without the gps are about 8, and when I pull up the gps, they only drop slightly. (1 to 2 FPS)

but did you try right-click on it and choose "UnDock"?

Undocking made no difference, and your fps is very poor. Maybe something in it. I've checked three different PCs all run OK, but show poor fps when undocking something. Is there anything "not included in the box" you've got in the sim or anything you can tell me? Your fps does seem sort of halved. Could be anything though, just a line of enquiry...

No, there are very few clouds

The sim is all default. I just bought it the other day.