Sign in to follow this  
LittlePaulio

3440x1440 & 1080 2 monitor problem

Hi,

I decided to post this separately in case the mention of FSUIPC meant people didn't view the post.

This is a long-time problem I realise, I even had it when I had two 24'' monitors (1900x1080 & 1900x1200). I have since upgraded to the 34'' Samsung 3440x1440 curved display. I held on to the 1900x1080 monitor to place display 2D flight panels and instruments. However, now when I drag them across they unsurprisingly are still set up for the 3440x1440 display and are absolutely huge and pixellated. I always play in full screen with DX10 and the paid version of Steve's fixer.

Is there a fix for this in the fsx.cfg file (it currently has the correct resolutions for both monitors). I use a GTX 980 btw with displayport for the main monitor and HDMI for the 24" monitor.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

I do run two monitors, nothing as grand as your setup. In fact, I've come over all inferior. :sad:  I have a 24" and a 19" as a side monitor.

I'd check to see what you FSX.cfg shows. There should be two entries, in my case:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680.0.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32

and:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680.0.1]
Mode=1440x900x32

Next, have a poke around in the nVidia Control Panel. Check that resolutions are set correctly for each monitor.

That's all I got. Sorry.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I do run two monitors, nothing as grand as your setup. In fact, I've come over all inferior. :sad:  I have a 24" and a 19" as a side monitor.

I'd check to see what you FSX.cfg shows. There should be two entries, in my case:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680.0.0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

and:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680.0.1]

Mode=1440x900x32

Next, have a poke around in the nVidia Control Panel. Check that resolutions are set correctly for each monitor.

That's all I got. Sorry.

Thanks Ron,

Appreciate your reply, but my resolutions are set correctly in fsx.cfg. Still, with TrackIR5 and EZDok, I probably don't the 2d panels. I'll still have a tinker around though.

Thanks as always for your feeback. I actually have a spare ACERG24  24" 1900x1200 that you're welcome to. It's a great monitor for a TN panel. I suspect the postage to England (I'm presuming you're English for some reason) would prove prohibitive, but I can check it out if you're interested.

This is a long-time problem I realise, I even had it when I had two 24'' monitors (1900x1080 & 1900x1200). I have since upgraded to the 34'' Samsung 3440x1440 curved display. I held on to the 1900x1080 monitor to place display 2D flight panels and instruments. However, now when I drag them across they unsurprisingly are still set up for the 3440x1440 display and are absolutely huge and pixellated. I always play in full screen with DX10 and the paid version of Steve's fixer

What happens when you drag a new VC view to the second monitor?

Does it display more or less correctly?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

What happens when you drag a new VC view to the second monitor?

Does it display more or less correctly?

gb.

Hey GB,

Yep, it does. I have set panel stretching in fsx.cfg to 0, but have yet to test it.

Any ideas?

Hey GB,

Yep, it does. I have set panel stretching in fsx.cfg to 0, but have yet to test it.

Any ideas?

I'm no expert on this but sounds like a problem with how the dimension of the 2d panels are defined.

I think the dimension can be either defined as relative to the total screen dimensions or absolutely in millimetres etc.

Does the problem happen with every plane?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm no expert on this but sounds like a problem with how the dimension of the 2d panels are defined.

I think the dimension can be either defined as relative to the total screen dimensions or absolutely in millimetres etc.

Does the problem happen with every plane?

gb.

Got it working thanks. It was either setting them up in windowed mode or setting panel stretchering to 0 in fsx.cfg.

Thanks for the input GB, it is good to know, as I am also having problems displaying lua output to my new monitor. But that's another problem for another day.

Thank for the feedback GB,