Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Nice Paint Kit !

Hi Folks,

Still a few more evenings worth of painting/tweaking/cleanup left - she's coming along - my very first FSX/P3D paint - and my first plane in ages... Love the much higher resolution textures than we had in FS9 and whomever did the paint kit did an outstanding job... There seemed to be only a couple repaints for the Baron - figured I'd add another one - - - or - - - two... Yeah - I guess I like the Baron...

:wink:

Prepar3D%202016-01-15%2019-22-18_zpsund2

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

OK - I think I'm pretty much done with this one - I'll test it out next weekend in P3D as my laptop can't run it...

Capture2_zpsi0ahbevt.jpg

Capture_zpsl7hargnh.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Nice one Scott. N55BN has had a couple of new liveries in it's time, now a new one. :smile:  

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi Ron,

Thanks - yeah - I just picked the "N" number off an image I had found (different paint) - I had painted the Dreamfleet B58 Baron with this same paint - I needed something short to fit in the space on the shorter hull... The B58 had used N58EU which matched this paint in real life...

I noticed you paint up a storm around here - some mighty fine work on your part as well - sir !!!

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

Hmmm... Maybe I should change the color ???

30561.200.1_zpsjxzhjz1d.jpg

Nothing wrong with your scheme, leave it alone. In fact, I like the wing graphics. I have no imagination, that's why I only do real world planes. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Yes, great looking repaint Scott! Let us know when and where you upload it! Keep up the good work.

Hi Ramie,

Thanks as well - yeah - the snowstorm in the NE US has slowed me down a bit - might not get to test it until next weekend... I had to modify the "specular" layer - and - I won't know if I did it correctly until I can test in the sim... Coming from FS9 the specular and bump maps are all new to me...

I'll give major credit to anyone who successfully painted this model as both sides are not mapped the same - which makes it extremely difficult to get a symmetrical paint.... Lines don't line up from side to side without major tweaking and adjustment...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott, hope you are well.

I recently bought the Milviz B55 and saw your repaint for  N55BN in the forum, but I didn't find a download link for it there or in any library. 

Did you ever finish it?

Thanks,

Scott