Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Eractic trim wheel

Lately I've noticed that my trim wheel moves wildly up or down on it's own leaving my aircraft in extreme danger. I begin to trim the aircraft then it takes off doing it's own thing. AP off of course.

James McLees

Maybe this should be in another area, controllers perhaps. It is, however, not a controller issue. The same thing happens with the 1 or 7 key. It is a program function that speeds up the trim wheel after it has been moved enough. It will trim, all the way up, or all the way down,without any further input. This function is very annoying and deadly in a real scenario. Surely someone knows what I'm talking about.

James McLees

Do You have Auto Trim turned on - in the P3d.cfg file !! - this causes My trim Wheel - and Trim Tabs to Jump and Judder - Johnman B)

I looked for Auto Trim in the cfg but I did not see that entry. Maybe a registered version of FSUIPC would help.

James McLees

I looked for Auto Trim in the cfg but I did not see that entry. Maybe a registered version of FSUIPC would help.

So you have a hardware trim wheel or are just trimming in the VC?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I use the silver rotating wheel on the Saitek X55 but it happens with the keyboard too.

James McLees

I guess he means auto rudder.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

P3d.cfg - Please note the third Listing ??

[REALISM]
AllowEngineDamage=True
AutoCoord=False
AutoTrim=True
CrashDetection=False
CrashTolerance=0.110000

Johnman - B)

P3d.cfg - Please note the third Listing ??

[REALISM]

AllowEngineDamage=True

AutoCoord=False

AutoTrim=True

CrashDetection=False

CrashTolerance=0.110000

Johnman - B)

Sorry I'm not seeing that in my cfg.

[REALISM]

PFactor=1.000000

Torque=1.000000

GyroEffect=1.000000

CrashTolerance=1.000000

General=1.000000

UnlimitedFuel=False

AllowEngineDamage=False

TrueAirspeed=False

AutoCoord=False

RealMixture=True

StressDamage=True

GEffect=False

ManualLights=True

GyroDrift=False

CrashWithDyn=True

CrashDetection=True

OnCrashAction=0

[ATTACHMENTS]

WeaponHighlight=Falsed

gb.

I think that it is hardcoded and not a configuration. I am manually trimming the aircraft when suddenly the trim wheel speeds up on it's own, unless I can immediately grab it and go the other direction. My workaround for now is to pull my view back so that I can see the wheel and the attitude indicator at the same time. This way if it starts to take off on me I can immediately see it and respond. Still, I would like to just manually trim my aircraft while looking out the window if I like, right now that is impossible.

I've reassigned trim to a button on the joystick. It works fine. Still would rather have a rotating wheel but the metal wheel on the X-55 is a no go.

James McLees

If Auto Trim is not in the Realism section of Your .cfg file - then I assume it is off - and will not affect Your trim wheel - How ever - I would think that there would be some setting in the File - or - a line of XML code that would ?? - Johnman B)

If Auto Trim is not in the Realism section of Your .cfg file - then I assume it is off - a

Hmmmm... turned off where?

gb.

I've reassigned trim to a button on the joystick. It works fine. Still would rather have a rotating wheel but the metal wheel on the X-55 is a no go.

Does the Saitek wheel work as an axis or multiple buttons?

gb.

Have you downloaded the latest drivers and software for the Pro Flight X55 series?

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Start the control panel and rotate the trim wheel through its axis then do the same for the other controls.

\Robert Hamlich/

Buttons.

If it is like my GoFlight trim wheel and there are two sequential buttons for up trim and two more for down trim make sure the buttons are not programmed to repeat.

(I use FSUICP, maybe it's different with the Saitek software)

gb.