Sign in to follow this  
mleuck

Final Conclusion CS 757

I purchased the CS757 and have installed it. The aircraft will not follow the flight plan. After take off and after engaging the AP, LVAN,VNAV, the aircraft just spins in circles! I have had no response from CS tech support and no answers in this forum. Also, I registered at the CS Forum, but cannot post! The forum is totally locked! I have watched several youtube tutorials, reinstalled the product several times and still the aircraft will not fly.

My conclusion... do not waste your money! Though some have no issues with the aircraft, it is a crap shoot. I lost! Don't take the chance. There is absolutely no tech support and a locked forum. If you have issues you are on your own!

Sadly

Michael

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Retrofit it with a third party Avionics. The model is great their gauges are not stable.

qo2nz.jpg

Are you properly initializing the IRS?  Make sure that the three IRS knobs on the overhead are set to NAV and that you've run through the position init steps on the FMC.  If you don't, the aircraft literally won't know where it is and thus will not function under LNAV guidance. The reason I think this gets people is because even if the aircraft defaults to engines running and everything on, the IRS isn't ready to go by default if I remember correctly.

Quick run through off the top of my head:

1- Set three IRS mode knobs to nav (upper left portion of overhead)

2- on the POS INIT screen on the FMC it should request current position and display boxes on the lower right portion of the screen.

3- either via a reference airport or GPS location, use the LSK next to one of the Lat and Long positions to copy it to the scratch pad and then enter it into where the boxes are.

4- that is it, after a while the IRS will be initialized and you can verify this on the ND display with the flight plan or by displaying airports or nav aids with the EFIS controller.

Hope this helps!  The 757 is actually a really nice plane to fly.  It's definitely not perfect but I enjoy it.

Thank you for the help. I initialize the IRS exactly as you have stated.

Wish I had as much success as you!

Thanks again

Michael

Thank you for the help. I initialize the IRS exactly as you have stated.

Wish I had as much success as you!

Thanks again

Michael

So are you saying it's still not working?  I can't imagine what the issue might be then.  Very strange.  I've read elsewhere where people have had similar issues but it was a matter of ensuring all the the systems were properly set up.  Are you running this in FSX or P3D?  Do other AP modes work?  It's got to either be an IRS initialization or perhaps a nav database issue.  If you are able to enter a flight plan, it's not a database issue though.

Hi Michael,

The AC will go in circles if you miss the first waypoint.  Do you handfly the AC for a bit and get her set up before engaging the AP?  She does come with a few nagging issues but is fun to fly once you get the nuances down.

Don't give up, you'll get it beat.

Rob 

Retrofit it with a third party Avionics. The model is great their gauges are not stable.

qo2nz.jpg

What is the retrofit?  ISG gauges?

Thank you for all the responses and suggestions.

Here are the answers:

1. Currently, I am using the cs757 in FSX.

2. I am able to enter a flight plan and have the current nav database,

3. The other AP modes seem to work. LNAV tries to follow the flight plan, but just will not follow the way points.

4. Missing the first way point may be a clue. My flight plans have included a turn L or R to the first way point. Could be a possibility.

5. I have the current FSUIPC installed, but will reinstall.

6. As for the , "What is the retrofit?  ISG gauges?"  The gauges are the gauges that cs757 uses.

Again, thank you very much for all your help, information and suggestions. Keep them coming as I do not want to give up on this!

Michael

I did another test flight with no change. I hand flew to the first way point, engaged the LNAV, VNAV and AP. The aircraft turned away from the route and started going in circles. It seemed to fight against itself to turn toward the next way point, but it just kept spinning.

I  have no clue. maybe the autopilot is crazy?

Ideas?

Michael

The aircraft turned away from the route and started going in circles.
This is pretty much my entire CS experience in a sentence  :lol:

Might be some sort of incompatibility going on between addons (FSUIPC/757/NAVIGRAPH/ETC).

I'd suggest watching this tutorial and ensuring that you are doing everything correctly just to rule out and procedural errors.  I know it's frustrating to hear people suggesting it might be what for lack of a better term is essentially user error, but in my 20 plus years of flight simming I can't tell you how many times I was the reason something wasn't working right- even if I was doing something 'correctly', it may have been a quirk in the add on or something.

Once you've gone over that and made sure you aren't missing any steps and you still aren't having any luck, I'd say it try reinstalling the latest version of FSUIPC.

Michael, 

Are you using the HDG (heading) selector knob to turn the AC using the autopilot before engaging the LNAV/VNAV?  The HDG selector continues to spin and may be causing the issue.  You know that you can arm LNAV/VNAV while on the ground.

Rob

Grant:

you mention a tutorial, but I do not see a link. The tutorial will be good to rule out any procedural errors.

Robert:

I arm the LNAV/VNAV on the ground.

Thank you for helping!

Though I have done an install three times, what is the "official" way to do a reinstall. Will add/remove take care of it?

You need to update to the latest version of FSUIPC. The CS757 relies on it.

Actually the CS757 does not use FSUIPC at all, it is all Simconnect. However since it's autopilot does not override your controls, if you calibrate your joystick/yoke with FSUIPC, it ends up fighting the autopilot, which can cause this type of issue, especially at altitudes North of FL340. The only solution is to turn off FSUIPC calibration when using the CS757/767 (Not sure about their 777), and calibrate within FSX settings. Then you should be fine.

What is the retrofit?  ISG gauges?

Yes Robert, it is but only the ND, CDU and inserted the MCU to help on arrival. This equipment (CS) is not that complex. Stock guages with the default GPS could guide her. A/P systems can be easily overridden and any amalgamation is simple. 

T. Headlam.

After take off and after engaging the AP, LVAN,VNAV, the aircraft just spins in circles!

I have this occur sometimes with other Boeing (PMDG) planes as well, sometimes just due to the timing that I switch the AP on. In my case it's usually because there's an intercept waypoint on departure just past the runway, and the LNAV doesn't acknowledge that I passed it, and the plane will go in circles. I fix it by just taking the next waypoint in the Legs page and replacing the current waypoint, so the FMC creates a direct-to line, and then the plane will follow the new path to the second waypoint.

If this doesn't help, then something else is fishy. But the CS757 usually worked fine for me and when it didn't I just used that trick. Hope it works out

Success!!!!!!

After several test flights and watching many youtube tutorials, the aircraft will fly! The magic was in my 6th reinstall.

I thank all of you who gave me your time and suggestions in solving this issue. I truly appreciate all of you.

Now, does anyone know where I can find an American Airlines (NC) and Delta repaint?

Thanks again

Michael

Success!!!!!!

After several test flights and watching many youtube tutorials, the aircraft will fly! The magic was in my 6th reinstall.

I thank all of you who gave me your time and suggestions in solving this issue. I truly appreciate all of you.

Now, does anyone know where I can find an American Airlines (NC) and Delta repaint?

Thanks again

Michael

That's awesome Micheal!

Captain Sim has the Delta repaint:  http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?action=showliveries

You will have to log in, select 757 Captain FSX and then search for Delta.  I haven't found one for the new American repaint but I'll reply if I come across it.  They do have the McPhat American Retrojet which looks pretty nice.

Sign in to follow this