Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

If I Were A Scenery Developer

I would like to see developers (Orbx Maybe) develop some Northeast and Southeast USA scenery.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Here's what a bush landing should look like, and I would pay for a package of scenery like this. Watch for the quick drop to clear the trees right before landing. Now that's the real thing! I used to be a passenger (airphoto photographer) in real life years ago, flying into places like this. 

The cool thing about X-Plane is that we can create landing strips with terrain slopes like this, unlike FSX/P3D. But we need the very close and scary tree collision hazard to make it truly difficult. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Completely agree. I think a package like this for Alaska or somewhere else challenging would sell well (I'd certainly buy it anyway).

Maybe someone who is a developer could contact the guys from "return to misty moorings", convince them to port over their stuff to XP and help them with the conversation.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

There is a series on youtube, called "The worst place to be a pilot". It has some crazy footage of pilots in Indonesia landing on some amazing bush strips in the mountains, in their glorious PC-6 Turbo Porters. Quite recommend to anyone who's into that sort of thing  :Tounge:

But yes, a pack with remote, bush airports somewhere in Alaska or Canada would probably sell quite well. 

Here's what a bush landing should look like, and I would pay for a package of scenery like this. Watch for the quick drop to clear the trees right before landing. Now that's the real thing! I used to be a passenger (airphoto photographer) in real life years ago, flying into places like this.

The cool thing about X-Plane is that we can create landing strips with terrain slopes like this, unlike FSX/P3D. But we need the very close and scary tree collision hazard to make it truly difficult.

Here is a small airfield I made a few months ago. It may not be a jungle strip but is challenging nonetheless.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=28579

• Upvote 1

There is a series on youtube, called "The worst place to be a pilot".

That was a good series, it's a pity they only did one season. Another good one is Flying Wild Alaska, which ran for 4 seasons I think.

Maybe someone who is a developer could contact the guys from "return to misty moorings", convince them to port over their stuff to XP and help them with the conversation.

Well this is a problem with X-Plane, it actually isn't easy to produce airfields in mountainous terrain because often the mesh is too bumpy. I tried to do Sandane in Norway, but the runway was far too bumpy, and with runways follow terrain off, the airport was completely ruined with cliffs of water. So if you don't need to modify the mesh in anyway, then it's easy, but altering the mesh is difficult and limited to 1x1 degree tiles.

Here is a small airfield I made a few months ago. It may not be a jungle strip but is challenging nonetheless.
http://forums.x-plan...&showfile=28579

That's an amazing looking strip! And I love the idea of landing between the tall trees. Can't wait to try it when I get home, thank you!

If I were a scenery developer I would develop a library of 3D objects and give them away for free to make it easier for other developers to create freeware scenery so we could cover more of the world in greater detail.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!