Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Miramar Air Show San Diego

I know its 8 months away but is any simmers  out there from the San Diego area who attends this Miramar Airshow each September? Just purchased my plane tickets to fly down from Canada for the weekend so I can attend. Was hoping to chat with a local on the best way for me to get to the base from downtown San Diego. Maybe even meet up with a fellow simmer for the days airshow.

Pete

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Wow, that is planning ahead! :Tounge:   Getting to the show will be easy from downtown.  Straight up the (5) Freeway, off at Mira Mesa blvd.  About a 15 min drive from downtown.  I live only 15 min away for the base but have never gone to the show, ha!  Keep saying I will but I am usually working.   One unique aspect of the show is they offer a "twilight" show a dusk.  hear it is just beautiful to watch during sunset.

San Diego is a great city to visit.  So much to do, weather is usually supreme (well, when there is not an El Nino, :Tounge:).  I would hit the forums again about 3 months out before the show to check on other simmers attending. 

So I gotta ask, out of all the airshows in the world... why this one?

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Clutch,

I booked using Aeroplan points so it only cost me about US$120 from the Yukon.  If I don't book well in advance it can be difficult to get the flights you want with out having to stay a week or more.

I was looking at airshows that are on during the early spring but it was really hard to find dates that matched  my areoplan availability.  I though Miramar sounds good! Plus in 2015 they had the F35B do display and I hope to catch it this year.

I do catch the Arctic Thunder Airshow at Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage every two years but other then that...... not much up here in the way of airshows.

I was born and raised in Australia and was lucky as the largest airshow in the southern hemisphere was on my door step every other year. The Avalon Airshow.  Great show!

Pete

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.