Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

Extra pmdg operation centre updater

When I  uninstalled  the t7   for  the update  I noticed   that now  I got  2 exes  for operation centre updater when I  re installed  the  t7.   Although  it  appears  both  work  was wondering  on how  to remove  the second one

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In these situations I find deleting files very effective. ;)

More interesting, where is this second exe file?

ki9cAAb.jpg

Lol yea  I know  that,  but  under  control panel.  add/remove  there  is  no option to uninstall  the second  one or  any of  them,   if  you open up  start menu   under  programs  under  pmdg  simulation   I  got  pmdg  operation  updater  twice  and  the operation  centre.  Plus  if  I find  a way  to remove  one of  them most likely  I remove  both at the same  time  most likely

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You should be safe deleting the second PMDG Ops Center Updater file.  You should find the files located in the PROGRAM FILES(X86)/PMDG Ops Center folder.  It won't show up in the Remove/Install software control panel and isn't registry tracked so just delete the second one in that folder location.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

You should be safe deleting the second PMDG Ops Center Updater file. You should find the files located in the PROGRAM FILES(X86)/PMDG Ops Center folder. It won't show up in the Remove/Install software control panel and isn't registry tracked so just delete the second one in that folder location.

Paul was going to do that but the problem is there is only one in the folder not 2 updaters exes, as I said in my first post it seems it doesn't cause any issues having 2 in my start menu since if I click either one of them it does the same thing?

What will happen if I just go to my start menu/ pmdg simulation operation centre and just right click on the second one and delete it this way?

Peter kelberg

Shouldn't be a problem.  I'd be surprised if they both didn't point to the exact same location since so no harm, no foul.  Delete the one with the additional tag and you should be all set.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg