Sign in to follow this  
swissa340

P3D v3 crashes on startup

Hello,

I use P3D v3 since last november and it ran fine until today. When I start it, it loads for a while and then an error message appears: Prepar 3D stopped working.

I tried everything (appart of reinstalling). Can someone help me?

Wish you all a nice weekend

Alex

My system:

i7 4790k, GTX980Ti, 16 Gb Ram (2400mhz), 250GB SSD (System), 2x 1TB HDD (Stuff), 500GB SSD (P3D only)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello Swiss. Welcome to the Forums.   You have probably tried this but just in case, have you tried deleting your Prepar3D.cfg and see if that helps.    

Follow this link.  Scroll down to   (6)  Where is my Prepar3D.cfg located   Right Click and Delete Prepar3D.cfg    When you start Prepar3D again it will rebuild itself 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/481623-my-link-thread/

Hello Swiss. Welcome to the Forums.   You have probably tried this but just in case, have you tried deleting your Prepar3D.cfg and see if that helps.    

Follow this link.  Scroll down to   (6)  Where is my Prepar3D.cfg located   Right Click and Delete Prepar3D.cfg    When you start Prepar3D again it will rebuild itself 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/481623-my-link-thread/

First Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Unfortunately I already tried deleting the prepar3d.cfg file but it didn't work :(

swissa340

Try deleting these files and letting P3D rebuild them -

Prepar3D_Default.fxml & Prepar3D_Default.wx located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Prepar3D.cfg located in %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Oh very good Vic,   i will be adding that to my knowledge base 

Sometimes the default flight file gets corrupt and crashes on startup Elaine. If this is the case for the OP, rebuilding the file will help. f not, no harm done.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Prepar 3D stopped working

Do you get a pop up on its own or does it seem frozen and not loading?

Are you starting a flight from where Night Environment is installed? There is an issue with P3D V3.1 and NE. You need to start from an area outside NE and then  fly into the zone where NE is installed.. if you start from an Airport withing the NE area, it would take a long time to load.. yes it would load eventually but it takes a long time you may think P3D is frozen... 

Chris from NE is working with LM (its a LM issue with the 3.1 update)

IF its not that, then yeah..try what others are suggesting 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Have you just started using the Estonia Migration Tool by any chance?

\Robert Hamlich/

Had the same issue before Xmas (solved).

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480273-weird-p3dexe-has-stopping-working-with-win10/?hl=%2Bstopped#entry3343472

Don't know if it may help. Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Try deleting these files and letting P3D rebuild them -

Prepar3D_Default.fxml & Prepar3D_Default.wx located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Prepar3D.cfg located in %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Vic

Thank you but I think I found the issue. Today I bought Aerosoft's Rome and installed it. That was the moment when P3D didn't start anymore. I uninstalled Rome but it still crashes.

Do you get a pop up on its own or does it seem frozen and not loading?

Are you starting a flight from where Night Environment is installed? There is an issue with P3D V3.1 and NE. You need to start from an area outside NE and then  fly into the zone where NE is installed.. if you start from an Airport withing the NE area, it would take a long time to load.. yes it would load eventually but it takes a long time you may think P3D is frozen... 

Chris from NE is working with LM (its a LM issue with the 3.1 update)

IF its not that, then yeah..try what others are suggesting 

I don't even get to the scenario page. I crashes on the strtup screen, where the P3D logo is.

I don't use Night Environment, I just use the ORBX night lighting. (from FTX global)

Have you just started using the Estonia Migration Tool by any chance?

I have had the Migration Tool since I switched from FSX to P3D v2.5, and then v3. I had no issues with this tool.

Had the same issue before Xmas (solved).

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480273-weird-p3dexe-has-stopping-working-with-win10/?hl=%2Bstopped#entry3343472

Don't know if it may help. Cheers,

Thank you, but it didn't help. I think Aerosoft Rome makes P3D to crash. I unistalled it now but it still cashes.

Try to delete the scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. I had a issue like that and I solve this way.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Try to delete the scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. I had a issue like that and I solve this way.

Ok, I will try. Thank you

No, did not work. It still says: Prepar 3D stopped working

Ok, I will try. Thank you

No, did not work. It still says: Prepar 3D stopped working

Look in View Event log from windows for you see the crash in p3d.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.1.2.15831, time stamp: 0x5672b60a

Faulting module name: VMCX_AP.dll, version: 10.0.0.14, time stamp: 0x4ab4b581

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00003c5a

Faulting process id: 0x1054

Faulting application start time: 0x01d150a737f3fb99

Faulting application path: Z:\P3D V3.1\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: Z:\P3D V3.1\VistaMare\bin\VMCX_AP.dll

Report Id: ee3b0384-e7e0-4b58-b19a-a3b7fa48aa6e

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

This is from my Event Viewer, if it helps.