Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Still using P3DV2.5

I'll bide my time till the exchange rate improves in my favour before making the switch.

Yep I moved because of the huge VAS improvement

+1 that also Ryan !

Regards

Lamar Wright

I'll bide my time till the exchange rate improves in my favour before making the switch.

I think it will be a pretty long while before the GBP/USD rate improves in favour of the GBP. The US economy is improving and the Fed has started raising interest rates, and the dollar has gotten stronger. Nothing happening here in the UK seems likely to improve the exchange rate in our favour in the near or medium term. This is what I get from following several investment sites (but of course nobody really knows how to predict these things). Anyway I have upgraded to V3 in spite of the exchange rate and I think it is worth it - VAS management improved fps.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I think it will be a pretty long while before the GBP/USD rate improves in favour of the GBP. The US economy is improving and the Fed has started raising interest rates, and the dollar has gotten stronger. Nothing happening here in the UK seems likely to improve the exchange rate in our favour in the near or medium term. This is what I get from following several investment sites (but of course nobody really knows how to predict these things). Anyway I have upgraded to V3 in spite of the exchange rate and I think it is worth it - VAS management improved fps.

A very good, and salient point, indeed. Just been listening to BBC R4's evening news exchange rate update, and at $1.43(more like $1.38 at PayPal), I guess you're on the money(sorry about the pun!)

That's good to read. I did buy it, and have it loaded as a zip upon my archive drive. I'm still on v2.4, only because I wish to see most of my ORBX content, ready to make the one-time switch.  So when that occurs...I shall migrate to v3.(x). :)

Still using 2.5. I was a heavy ORBX user, which caused some framerate annoyances (avg 20fps), but not a deal breaker in the least. But I have recently switched to photoreal scenery (mostly socal and desert areas) and average around 60fps with REX/ASN/A2A. Very very happy, and I feel like I am actually learning about my surroundings. 

That said, I plan on moving to 3.1 very very soon. I want the dynamic reflections, improved water and VAS.

I switched to v3 from 2.5 very early on. I have noticed a smoother experience and much better VAS management. Plus, I am looking forward to see what v3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and beyond bring. Hopefully some useful features and improved performance. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations