Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Still using P3DV2.5

Just out of curiosity I was wondering who is still using P3Dv2.5 ?

Regards

Lamar Wright

Shoot, I'm still using v2.4 and it works great for me! Will change someday but in no hurry!

Nothing wrong with staying with 2.5. Do be aware that if you have a very good graphic card V3 will give you at least 33% in FPS improvement.  I used to hate ORBX because of the low performance (looks really good but performance is really questionable) until I use them with V3.  Mind you V3 will be the version I am staying with for at least 3 years.  I am done spending 200 every two years.  In fact if I had a crystal ball I would never have forked out 200 for v2.5 two years ago.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I had P3DV2.5 working good but since I went to V3.1 I do find it smoother. Only thing is that you have to re-download and reinstall all add on extra's.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Shoot, I'm still using v2.4 and it works great for me! Will change someday but in no hurry!

Same here...still on v2.4 no problems.

Me too - But I'm using FS9, FSX, FSX:SE, and P3Dv3.1 too! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

if I had a crystal ball I would never have

Isn't that just one of life great lessons. Often also articulated as "hind site is 20/20".

Me too and it applies to far more than Flight Sim, but I am only human :smile:

Many of us took the plunge to V3 because of the 5-600MB VAS improvement and since the new version of the PMDG 777 just saved another 250mb thats a massive improvement of at least 800MB VAS.

OOM was "the one"  user sim killer, and at least for now it has almost come to rest on my system. 

I also find it smoother than V2.5. Performance interms of FPS is less than 5% increase on my system. 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I did all the updates to V2 up to V2.4. When 2.5 came out and required a full reinstallation I judged that the changes listed were not worth the effort and would wait for V3.

When V3 came out I was surprised how little had been changed considering it was a completely new version and would not have made the change even if it was free let alone pay over again.

V3.1 seems to be fixing issues in V3 rather than improvements.

Guess I will have to see what V4 brings along. :smile:

No reason to stay with 2.5. V3.1 is so much improved.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I never had any OOMs problem, so I waited a couple of months to get V3. I found it a bit smoother, and very little FPS gain, if any from 2.5. I do like that one can upgrade now, with V 3.1 without having to reinstall the entire program, just by updating the client. I think the smoothness is the biggest advantage to Version 3. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Is there a discount for existing v2.5 customer to upgrade to v3?

Is there a discount for existing v2.5 customer to upgrade to v3?

I don't think there is Rick, check LM web site and if there is a discount it will state so. 

I never had any OOMs problem, so I waited a couple of months to get V3. I found it a bit smoother, and very little FPS gain, if any from 2.5. I do like that one can upgrade now, with V 3.1 without having to reinstall the entire program, just by updating the client. I think the smoothness is the biggest advantage to Version 3. 

+1 Bob, I upgraded to 3.1 and so far I do find it a bit more smoother than 2.5 but not much gain in FPS. I am in the process of installing all my Orbx scenery as 3.1 installers come available.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Yep I moved because of the huge VAS improvement

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |