Sign in to follow this  
jack-daniels

Need help on curved ultra wide monitor (21:9)

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new monitor and this should be a 21:9 ratio curved ultra wide.

Are there any experiences on the LG29UC96 2560x1080p?

This would be a monitor that's not too expensive, like 34" etc.

So, if there is anybody out there who could tell me anything about it would be great, especially resolution, colour, contrast.

I am running P3D with a GTX 970.

Daniel

Not with that monitor but I recently bought a Samsung curved 29" (S29E790C) and it's great. I could never go back to flightsimming on a 16:9 monitor. If you *only* have 1 monitor, let it be a 21:9.

The curve is cool but is likely the case on that LG, it's pretty subtle. It doesn't really give you a wrap around field of vision like, say, having 3 monitors, but it is a nice touch.

Can't comment on that particular model, but my wife got me a Dell U3415W for Christmas. Absolutely love the format and size, it's got a subtle curve and is 21:9.

Resolution is 3440x1440, but performance is fine on my 970m, so your desktop 970 should run any of the ultra wides just fine.

The 21:9'so aren't perfect for all games yet that don't support the format, but flight sims are breathtaking on them and work great. P3D cockpits are awesome on them.

Good luck in your search! Not sure what your budget is but they are definitely coming down. She snagged mine for $560 from the MS store during Christmas sales. I know some of the true G-sync gaming models are twice that or more.

Thx for the quick reply.

Seems as if Your Samsung monitor has the same dimensions as my suggested LG, right?

Can you tell me more about the colours and contrast?

I really like displays that display black as black, so that the night in the flightsim becomes dark.

Folks,

I ordered the Samsung S29E790C monitor.

34" would have been nice to have, but decided to save some money.

From what I read this monitor will display have dark black colours, good contrast, lively colours, etc. will see.

Samsung because Garrett could tell a bit from his one, and I've got a smaller 24" monitor here, that displays great colours, etc., that's why I decided to switch from LG to Samsung.

I'll post some pictures when the monitor is installed