Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16JAN16] The Things They Carry... 747-400 Info

I wrote that as a young nephew of mine was playing with a toy truck using those words in it's song. A little too cheesy, but the point got across.

haha - I appreciated it, and saw what you were getting at.

Kyle Rodgers

But David...  In your post you said you won't complain... yet you do...

Therefore you must not mean what you say in your posts, or at least that is how the rest of us can interpret them, no?

In which case- it must mean that we didn't say what you said we said in your post where you complain but say you won't...  In which case we must not have said precisely what you are trying to make others believe we said when we actually said something else, that lead you to say we said something we didn't actually say in the post in which you say you won't complain but do...

So I reiterate my original point.  We have said all along that the 200ER will come later- as an expansion...  after the 747s...

Not complaining just observing and telling someone not to get their hopes up, just in case the 200ER ends up the same as the BBJ. I would love to be proven wrong though, cannot wait for the 747v2 anyway. -David Lee

I came across this very interesting piece of video explaining some more details about carrying 5th pod. Honestly, this has been a good education for me.

• Upvote 1

Bilal Asif Khan

What a fantastic surprise! One question though, in the rare event this capability is used the dead-heading engine is typically required to be fitted with a plastic protector sleeve over the nose cowl. As this isn't present in the W.I.P screenshots, is it something that will materialize before release? Obviously I would never expect anyone to model such details seeing as you've gone far beyond the call of duty just adding this feature.

Here is even a better shot of that fifth pod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHE1FpR0BTo

And here I thought I was knowledgeable about most of the aircraft I use in FSX, P3D. I had no idea this even existed on a hvy. And to think my HS/College instructors (30 yrs ago) said playing games will teach you nothing.

might be interesting to see on the performances side how is this one implemented ....

• Upvote 1

it says on the pmdg 747 page it costs $228,000,000 is this true I hope not.

I think $228,000,000 is the price for the real one, at PMDG you get a discount of 30% <= ironic!

So, no, this is just a placeholder, they did that with all other products before, too <= not ironic

it says on the pmdg 747 page it costs $228,000,000 is this true I hope not.

Yep and it's worth every penny haha

Nah they always do that before they go into beta the true price will be set once beta is done

Isn't that a relief I was worried. It would b funney if someone tried to buy it with that price

I hope its an Easter release.

I bet second quarter, late second quarter, but who knows. Earlier would be a nice suprice. Definitely befor BER opens. :wink: 

One can only hope ;(

One can only hope ;(

The only chance of an Easter release is for Easter 2017 or more likely 2018.   Even if it went into beta today...there is no way they'd complete the beta in 19 days.

Of course I too hope its released this Easter as well...but I know I have a better chance of winning the lottery (without even buying the tickets) than the 747 coming to us by this Easter.  :smile:

I just put this release waaaaay on the back burner and will check back next year to see if its in beta yet...that is when I'll pay more attention to to updates coming from PMDG and the beta testers. 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg