Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16JAN16] The Things They Carry... 747-400 Info

When Qantas retire its remaining 744RR fleet, that'll be it... No more <external> Spare Engine Carriage assuming no one else buys/utilises the option.

Cue PMDG 744v2. I think its good that we will get the chance to know more about a rarely utilised option.

I've re-installed 744v1 and am in practice mode, preparing, and looking forward to a more refined product in v2. I am going to stretch it v2 as much as I have the NGx!

Brian,

there is at least one european Freighter operator that uses that option .... with RR engines.

Some of the other interesting things that 744's carry is live sheep, on the inside, not on the wing. Seems a 744F had to divert to WIII after a fire sensor in the cargo hold went off - the story is that it was a result of a lot of sheep farting at once :)

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Some of the other interesting things that 744's carry is live sheep, on the inside, not on the wing. Seems a 744F had to divert to WIII after a fire sensor in the cargo hold went off - the story is that it was a result of a lot of sheep farting at once :)

You mean this one????

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/11/04/Plane-diverted-when-smoke-alarms-triggered-by-farts-from-2186-sheep/1171446654884/

Gives a new meaning to the phrase;  "pressurised cabin"!

Regards,

Wijnand Lindelauf (EHBK)

I reckon it was that most dangerous thing, an intelligent sheep (cue Eric Idle)

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Wow...just purchased the 777-200LR for P3d and it is operating wonderfully.  I hope the 747-400 (and really the 747-8i) for P3d is percolating and nearly ready to "hatch"....LOVE these PMDG birds!!!!

Kent

Kent Valentine

P3D - PMDG 737-600/700/800/900; 777; 747-400 v3

Not quite on topic, but it is to the title of this post, at least long ago.

Prior to PMDG, or me hearing of them, I had the Just Flight 744. Like PMDG includes manuals on the shelf in the cockpit, so did they. I wanted my simpit I was building at the time to be exact and a few weeks ago going through storage I found this. It was the exact one from the shelf in the cockpit. Took ages to find. The moral being you never know how much a diehard sim freak will seek out that you put into your model. Sad to say that my search still continues for a worthy PMDG Pogo Stick! Something I totally think PMDG should sell in their store. Just saying.

FMC_1.jpg

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Great book. Anyone looking to learn the FMC should buy it.