Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Hey hey folks

Well hello folks!

Long time no type. I have been on quite a long layover let's just say. So much has changed and I see most certainly for the better! Very exciting products and love what I'm seeing. I recently built a fellow simmer a rig and got him P3d to go with his new toy for a Christmas gift. In my research it lead me to investigating what else had changed. Glad I did and continue to do so. P3d was just starting to be talked about (but barely) when I exited the runway. I feel like such a noob now, haha, but it too is exciting. I used to enjoy giving help to those with questions and now it's me with a few billion of my own. The fog is lifting from the field and I'm almost cleared for visual approach (much more reading ahead). I'll save my questions and continue to happily see how much more great things I can find.

Hope everyone is having a great new year!!!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Long time since I've seen you here Dan and almost didn't recognize you without the slice of turkey, lol. Where did you dissappear to?

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Welcome back Dan. I missed reading your posts.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you gentlemen. Sean, A lot just changed in a short amount of time. I was laid off and moved around a bit to chase work. Once I got back on my feet I just put my time back into music (piano). Still more focused on that but I will soon start to slowly get back into my simming passion. I've watched my facebook friends, Doogie and Alex post their screenshots and videos over the years and allow them to tease/tempt me, but having more time lately to spread into more than one hobby is the main thing I've lacked til now. Hope you're all doing well!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan

Is it really you or a ghost from the past? Oddly enough, only a few weeks ago I was thinking we have not seen you for..................................................zions, with that unique avatar you used to sport.

Welcome Back. Yes, a lot of water has passed under that Avsim bridge.

Buenos Anos Novo to you too.

Hi Dan.

I know you do not know me... but I wanted to give you a huge thanks!

I tried (unsuccessfully) to learn from your Photoshop course. I don't know how many nameless faces learned from your tutorials, but I want to be one person who says "Thank you".

Welcome back!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Well,

I'll be damned. Dan is back! :)

Thought you were gone for good. Forum wasn't quite the same after you left. Glad to see you again. 

Happy Landings!

Hey Dan!!

I swear that it wasn't just 2 hours ago I thought about you and here you are.  What a coincidence huh?

Welcome back buddy, good to see you again, are you still down south?

Rob

\Robert Hamlich/

A lot just changed in a short amount of time.

I know what that means. I've had two major hiatus' in my simming career but now I am single and retired so the path forward looks smooth [knocking on wood].

I like your MD-11 signature logo.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan

He always had his unique personalised signature logo, IIRC.

Wow, thanks for the welcome gents. So nice to be amongst friends again.

Cory, sorry the tutorials didn't yet work for you. Sad I had to stop that just as I was getting to the bump mapping I think. Hopefully down the road I can finish it and help clear up what you're having a hard time with. Thanks for the thanks. Much appreciated.

Hey Dan! Thanks, I love the MD11 and that one I bought long ago (a huge vector graphic). You made me laugh with saying "but now I'm single" right after saying you had the two hiatus, haha. Women have kept me from my hobbies all too often. My last ex is ex'd because of such a thing. You still doing your freeware files?

Great to see your names again, makes me realize how long it's been. Thanks and a big hello Rick, Rob, Alexander!

It's funny but when I first signed back in, I instantly saw the turkey face and laughed. I decided to change it because there were so many people upset with it haha. Back then I kept it for that reason and of course it was technically the only aviation pic I had, but figured I'd finally change it to keep the peace ;)

Dan Prunier

You still doing your freeware files?

Nah, but if you ever want a custom sidstar file let me know. However, I've created a pretty nifty logbook editor that works in FSX/P3D and converts between them.  Look for LogEditv2 in the AVSIM forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

pretty nifty logbook editor

And I can vouch for it as being by far the best. Nice one, Dan.