Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Hey hey folks

Nice! Just downloaded it.

My first sim addon/program to touch my comp in years. I don't have either P3d or FSX installed yet but have spent a few hours getting ready for P3d in downloading new installers for upgraded airports and cities. I'll be buying P3d this weekend. I ran the stand alone exe and was able to at least see it and play with it for now. Very nice.

Thanks Dan!

And hi back, Lamar!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

btw, nice new rig you have there in your sig. Still doing the triple monitor thing? I'd say you are ready for 64 bit!

Hey Alex,

No on the trip screens as of now. I've been waiting for the longest time to upgrade my last standing monitor from my last triple setup. I just upgraded last week but bought due to need rather than one of the two monitors I was holding out for (PG27AQ or PG348Q). My rig is primarily for video editing heaven (thus the titan z and multiple ssd's). I got tired of waiting for the monitor of choice and really didn't want to be one of the first to get either, so settled for a DELL S2716DG 27” ( 2560 x 1440 @ 144Hz). Cheapest good monitor I could find with G-sync. For a TN panel it's incredible with great viewing angles unlike the nightmare of them I read about. 3 monitors down the road for sure but before I invest in 3, 4k monitors I want to see video cards and monitors with Displayport 1.3 or higher :)

I screwed up hard on buying the 128gb of ram. The best processor out one would think it supported the same amount of ram one of the absolute best motherboards on the market did. Especially since it's constantly being paired with the 5960x. Anywho, apparently after I couldn't get the motherboard to keep my xmp set for the ram I learned the processor only could address 64gb. Haha, what an expensive mistake! 64gb would have saved me major on what I spent on the 128gb kit <sigh>.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks, Sander.

Nice to see you still around! Hope all is going great with you!

Well folks, it was a long night into the wee hours of the morning, but I made my first purchases of sim stuff and am looking at a long day of continued installs.

To start with, I got;

P3d Pro

FTX Global

FTX Vector

Rex Texture Direct / Soft Clouds bundle

Active Sky Next

... and last but not least the PMDG 777 and expansion.

I've read more in the last week than I thought possible and got some great advice from sim friends on facebook. Lots still on my must have list but please feel free to give any of your opinions. So far so great. Everything looks smooth as silk and newly upgraded comp is handling it all well.

My_beast.jpg

Dan Prunier

Try out the Flightbeam airports such as the latest, KSFOHD San Francisco. Their work is a step above everyone elses in my opinion and SFO blends in very well with the FTX NA NCA region (Orbx forum has compatibility instructions).

As much as I love the B77X, I've found myself spending most of my time in the B738... it's not so automated and it has enough 'long' flights to keep me building hours. Just finished a round robin PANC-PHNL-KSEA-PHNL-PANC set of sessions following actual Alaska routes. Challenging and entertaining....I notice you didn't list PFPX... almost a must for long trip planning.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, Dan.

I love Flightbeam and the last few weeks I have downloaded everything that had P3d updates product that I already owned. Flightbeam's KSFO I have and love but KSFOHD is surely on my list for next shopping spree! I have just got new installers for all my FlyTampa airports that I also love and downloaded all new installers for FSDT (and many more).

Thanks for the tip on PFPX. I'll look into it. One thing I always loved about simming was the planning and route creation. In some ways I enjoyed it more actually. I love flying Alaska routes. Very challenging indeed. I did lots of flights there with the J41 all the time. I hope to see the J41 reborn for P3d. That became one of my surprised favorites of all times. Sadly I bought the NGX right before leaving simming and other than using it to do the paint tutorials, never even touched it. It was a hard choice last between which to buy but will get it next for sure.

Thanks again.

Dan Prunier

Well hello folks!

Long time no type. I have been on quite a long layover let's just say. So much has changed and I see most certainly for the better! Very exciting products and love what I'm seeing. I recently built a fellow simmer a rig and got him P3d to go with his new toy for a Christmas gift. In my research it lead me to investigating what else had changed. Glad I did and continue to do so. P3d was just starting to be talked about (but barely) when I exited the runway. I feel like such a noob now, haha, but it too is exciting. I used to enjoy giving help to those with questions and now it's me with a few billion of my own. The fog is lifting from the field and I'm almost cleared for visual approach (much more reading ahead). I'll save my questions and continue to happily see how much more great things I can find.

Hope everyone is having a great new year!!!

Welcome back Dan, It's been a long time.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Welcome back Dan.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thank you gentlemen! Nice to see you both! Really great to see so many great people still around ;)

@ Dan Downs - I bought Flightbeam's KDEN HD. All I can say is wow! Still a way to go but spent a grand already on my return haha. Sad part it that I haven't even looked at controllers yet. I had a good flight yesterday from KDEN to KTPA with the 777. Good meaning I landed her with barely damaging the aircraft ;)

Dan Prunier

Good meaning I landed her with barely damaging the aircraft ;)

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.  Yeah, wow is right. Flightbeam develops beautifully detail airport sceneries with acceptable impact on performance if any. KDEN is unique in that they have hills within the airport boundaries, very nice.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan.

I know you do not know me... but I wanted to give you a huge thanks!

I tried (unsuccessfully) to learn from your Photoshop course. I don't know how many nameless faces learned from your tutorials, but I want to be one person who says "Thank you".

Welcome back!

Mr. Prunier,

I second this post as I was able to get through all 22 of the youtube posted videos and was extremely successful in my knowledge and ability with photoshop... Seeing you here gives me hope you may yet show us the last few if it is something you enjoyed doing.  Thank you so much for your work in the swimming world and I wish you all the success in world.

ps... I too have moved to P3D with mostly ORBX scenery and a few quality airports... its a whole new world out there!

Norman Henderson (never sure if my sig is working)

Norman Henderson

Thanks, Norman.

Such a great thing to be thanked now and then, really. I loved doing those tutorials and to be honest, when I was forced out of finishing them I had that on my mind for years. I still have 8 or more bluray discs with raw video of the completion but things spiraled out of control as if I was in a flat spin (haha, sorry, just caught the end of TOP GUN). Seriously though I loved it because the 1 in every thousand that said kind words like yours. I had so much video saved up because I had issues with After Effects at the time and couldn't render. I'm a bit of an OCD person too and the removing the mouth clicks in my voice was 10x's the work on my videos. I HATE to listen to a tutorial where I hear the persons spit while they talk, haha. A 10 minute video took at least 3 hours of removing that noise in Adobe Audition and my videos were normally 20 minutes or more. I remember I got a corrupt preferences file and despite deleting all signs of it and countless posts on Adobe's forum I fell to far behind to bounce back. Then she happened... Killing her wasn't the problem but getting rid of the body just took to long. Haha, jk on that last part. I also had weeks of DCS video gone to waste because of the same issues. Literally broke my heart to have to stop them. Anywho, thanks again bud. Really appreciate the kind words!

@ Dan - I think before I get any other airports I will get the rest of Flightbeams. I agree 100%. They really are smooth as silk and the detail is just insane. My 4hr flight took 5 because I stayed at the terminal so long changing views and checking things out. I have yet to install EZCA or any of my addons that give me the ability to free move around the area. I'm glad I don't/didn't actually because I'd be on hour 24 of my 4hr flight and still be at the gate! ;)

Dan Prunier

Dan,

I understand the OCD part, I picked up on that when you spent time erasing artifacts around the window frames left over from the paint kit... Your instructions helped me to keep my file structures in line (I only erased my master psd file once...(yur not really photoshopping if you haven't erased 10 hours worth of work at least once)) and my habits you helped create make working in photoshop much easier... Thanks again...

ps... I've had to get rid of 2 bodies

Norman Henderson