Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How to get more FPS in P3D V3.1?

OK with P3D V3.1 and the newer PMDG 777 the OOM seems to be "solved" for the most part..but when I am approaching to land (OMDB Dubai), my FPS is down to 4-5 which kind of sucks 

Other than upgrading my CPU.. I have the i7-3770: 4.5Ghz and GTX-670

What settings should I think of lowering to get a better FPS?

I think I used to get 10-11 prior to 3.1..during 3.0 during approach to to airport OMDB

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

OK with P3D V3.1 and the newer PMDG 777 the OOM seems to be "solved" for the most part..but when I am approaching to land (OMDB Dubai), my FPS is down to 4-5 which kind of sucks 

Other than upgrading my CPU.. I have the i7-3770: 4.5Ghz and GTX-670

What settings should I think of lowering to get a better FPS?

I think I used to get 10-11 prior to 3.1..during 3.0 during approach to to airport OMDB

I have an i5 at 3.2 G, a GTX 750 TI, and running the Pmdg 737, and I just took a VA flight in Version 3.1  and averaged  32 FPS for the entire flight from Salt Lake City to Spokane in a snowstorm and heavy clouds most of the way.  Must be something really wrong with your system...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

32 FPS for the entire flight from Salt Lake City to Spokane i

I get around 22FPS enroute..its just when I am about to land,,its a Power point presentation. My settings did not change from 3.0 to 3.1 

Manny

Flytampa Dubai?  Where do you fly from?  If you start from OMDB, what FPS do you get?  It seems strange that your FPS drops to an unusable 4-5 at landing.   Try using the default OMDB, did you see the same problem?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

And, what are your current settings within P3D? You know: always be careful with the sliders. Have you left prepar3d.cfg untouched?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Right now I started at OMDB and In the VC it shows 11-12FPS..so not sure why it drops to 4-5 when Ieave and come back... Hmmm

I have these additional settings. IF I leave it all default I get screen tearing and slow texture loads and Jerkiness.

[bUFFERPOOLS]
PoolSize=5000000
UsePools=1

[JOBSCHEDULER]
//AffinityMask=15
AffinityMask=253

[sIM]
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

[dSSAA=0
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30
TEXTURE_FILTERING=16
TextureMaxLoad=3
TransitionTime=4.000000
TRIPLE_BUFFER=1
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=31
VSYNC=1
WideViewAspect=Truelay]

My Settings 

I have Texture resolution is 2K b 2K
Raget frame rate = 31
Tessellation Enabled

Scenery I have one to the left short of Ultra
Texture=60
Scenery complexity, Autogen and Veg and Buildings all extreme right (which should I reduce here to get some fPS?)

Water detail = One short of High

Bathymetry is checked

Reflecation = just the user Vehicle.

Special effects ..dab in the middle of the slider

LIGHTING
HDR yes
No Dynamic reflections

Landinbg light and lens flare checked

Shandow Quality = middle of the slider

No shadows used Except Internal vehicle cast and receive

Manny

I would delete the prepar3d.cfg (create a backup before doing so), and then run P3D again. It will build a new one. With your system no tweak should be needed.  Just don't go crazy with the sliders, and keep shadows to a minimum, and disable dynamic reflections. Keep fps locked at 30. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

dSSAA=0

Syntax error.

WideViewAspect=Truelay]

Syntax error.

I have Texture resolution is 2K b 2K

Try 1K.

Bathymetry is checked

Turn this off.

Scenery complexity, Autogen and Veg and Buildings all extreme right (which should I reduce here to get some fPS?)

Both.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Anyone know if this tweak helps in v3.1?                     [sIM]

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Anyone know if this tweak helps in v3.1?                     [sIM]
                                                                                      OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

That is there by default.

You could always try removing it.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Where you having 32FPS while departing and arriving at airpots?

If so tell us more about your setup with P3D cause I have about the same PC spec as you do.

Thanks

Bat

Ing Zimmerman

[bUFFERPOOLS]
PoolSize=5000000
UsePools=1

This isn't needed in P3D so you can remove this as well.

I'm of the same opinion that you should rename your current p3d.cfg to something like p3dcfg.ORI and let P3D build a fresh config file and see if you're still having issues.