Sign in to follow this  
callsignrobin

Enb in v3

Can't comment on ENB as I don't use it, but the Carenado planes I've tried have installed just fine in P3Dv3.1 using the default installers except for the rare exception, which simply required not selecting a sim version and letting them "install" to the basic Carenado folder under program files, at which point you just copy the files to the correct folder.

All that I have tried worked just fine.

Good luck!

ENB-like effect can be gained in Prepar3d by using 'Reshade' - give this a google and you should be a happy chappie

Reshade works very well with P3D 3.1 and Windows 10.  I recommend it.    It installs easily, but as far as easy to use it's not quite there yet.  I might caution against it for those that might not like a slight framerate hit, although I haven't confirmed if it's just bad placebo or not with my setup.  They have a program that controls their shaders, but the gui is not intuitive and leads to confusion.  I just might have to take an afternoon or two and rewrite the goofy thing.  With enough demand/encouragement I'd do it.  Also, many of the shader algorithms have been public domain and might be ported to Prepar3d.

In other news, I have fixed my shader's "graininess" and hope to be able to release it for Prepar3d sometime within a month.  This is for widescreen or multimonitor users, it removes the stretching distortion in the peripheries.   

Reshade works very well with P3D 3.1 and Windows 10.  I recommend it.    It installs easily, but as far as easy to use it's not quite there yet.  I might caution against it for those that might not like a slight framerate hit, although I haven't confirmed if it's just bad placebo or not with my setup.  They have a program that controls their shaders, but the gui is not intuitive and leads to confusion.  I just might have to take an afternoon or two and rewrite the goofy thing.  With enough demand/encouragement I'd do it.  Also, many of the shader algorithms have been public domain and might be ported to Prepar3d.

In other news, I have fixed my shader's "graininess" and hope to be able to release it for Prepar3d sometime within a month.  This is for widescreen or multimonitor users, it removes the stretching distortion in the peripheries.   

Good to hear denali, if you or anyone else would like a quick track to using Reshade with other mastereffect.h file in P3D, check out this guy's youtube vid 

(espanol , but easy to follow)

I installed into FSX using DX10 yesterday and it looks great.  I also see a slight fps hit, but it looks better than enb to me .  Wish it had instructions telling what each setting does.

Am going to install into P3D tonight and will report back.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.