Sign in to follow this  
stevewhatmore

Humberside Xtreme Released by UK2000

Thank you! I have all the UK2000 freeware and was saving up to buy some payware, the quality is so impressive! Which airport would be a good starter, not to fps intensive?

Hi Sascha

I have most of Garys payware...all fantastic. Even Gatwick, Stansted, Bristol with 100% AI,  active sky evo I never have any problems with my 4 year old system.

So id say any. Youve just missed his Xmas discount.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I think I ought to go for Stansted, I often fly there from Berlin in relaworld.

Sascha

Yep - Gary is a true master, and all his sceneries are first class.I am very grateful that he still supports FS9.

Graeme Butler

I have 8-9 of his Xtreme airports. Never once been a hit on system resources.

I will be buying this scenery the next time I buy payware scenery. I have all of the UK2000 extreme scenery and I love them!

Well it took a couple of weeks to assemble the bits and get round to having a look.

Like the other UK2000 sceneries, it's a pleasure.

I did like the way the airport ground textures feathered seamlessly into my (mostly) GEPro texture set:

Xp74BW.jpg

I was delighted to find the UTT S-76 AI pack had a bunch of Bristow repaints!

(They are heavily used from here for oil rig servicing as I recall).

I shoehorned them into my Flight1 AI helo setup, and the airport is positively abuzz with rotary wings.

And, the Nemeth S-76 happens to come with the right livery to fly in here too.

pwWUSU.jpg

You don't have to be a helo freak to enjoy the scenery, but it's one of the few that allows (the three of us) FS9 rotary wingers to have a great time. :dance:   

Well it took a couple of weeks to assemble the bits and get round to having a look.

Like the other UK2000 sceneries, it's a pleasure.

I did like the way the airport ground textures feathered seamlessly into my (mostly) GEPro texture set:

I was delighted to find the UTT S-76 AI pack had a bunch of Bristow repaints!

(They are heavily used from here for oil rig servicing as I recall).

I shoehorned them into my Flight1 AI helo setup, and the airport is positively abuzz with rotary wings.

And, the Nemeth S-76 happens to come with the right livery to fly in here too.

You don't have to be a helo freak to enjoy the scenery, but it's one of the few that allows (the three of us) FS9 rotary wingers to have a great time. :dance:   

Great job WingZ!

I'm going to have to get the Flight1 AI Heli. Do you have any video footage of your Humberside AI heli traffic?....I'd love to see it.

Hello WingZ.

I purchased the Flght1 Helos and am very impressed with it. I love the way one can get the helo's to fly waypoints as well......certainly their landings are far better than mine.

I got to see one land on a rig, which was a great pleasure.

heli_zps9iafikah.jpg

The problem is apparently Helos at Humberside taxi and takeoff to/at the active runway (like normal AI do)

So on one hand F1 helo's will follow waypoints and land on rigs etc but will not taxi to the active for takeoff etc.

And normal AI will taxi to the active etc etc but will not land on a rig. :Nerd:

Anyway I'm loving the chopper action.......found me a nice MIL-MI-8.  :Tounge:

fsscr174_zps7r53myfk.jpg

Good show Ed, it's a whole new world of simming isn't it?

The F1 package allows editing of helipads, and that's what I did for Humberside.

So your helos will come in and land pinpoint in front of the Bristow shed!

If you have the UTT AI flying conventional AI flightplans in parallel, you get different behaviour of course. 

Do you have any video footage of your Humberside AI heli traffic?....I'd love to see it.

I do! Not in your league as I am far too lazy to properly edit video, let alone disable the background Googles and Dropboxes etc that hammer FRAPS video performance...

But here's some warts 'n all clips to give an idea.

(I did up the traffic density to somewhat unrealistic levels to get a bit more movement going.)

EDIT: My word but that does look a little jerky... certainly doesn't look like that in the sim. Sorry folks I will take more care next time.

Hello WingZ,

Thank you for the video.

I also edited the helipads for F1Helo at both EGNJ and my ODG oil/gas fields, writing routes between them with waypoints.

They land and takeoff with pinpoint accuracy........BUT.

I have been carrying out some more research into heli-ops at EGNJ ( FlightRadar 24 and youtube vids)

And unfortunately Flight1 helo ops would be quite incorrect and normal AI ops correct (for both takeoff and landing)  

So as normal AI will not land on the rigs I will have normal AI heli action at EGNJ and F1helo action flying between the oil/gas platforms (so I see them on my way back and forth)

I will make a video of this in time (Also a photoreal Bristow paint for the S-76)

In fact I'll get on with it now and take a break from trying to get Vladimir's Mil Mi-8 to do my bidding (getting her to fly with my normal yoke/pedals setup...I do not like to have to change to the Russian method)

Here she is with my photoreal paint in progress.  :dirol:

• Upvote 1

Yes the Mi-8 does fly a little differently... worth spending the time getting current though!

Nice repaint there, look forward to the PR Bristow S-76 and your video, Ed.

ATC handling helos like conventional traffic, explains the Sikorsky wheeled products being favoured.

I suppose they make skid equipped craft like the AW139 hovertaxi to the active.

This is generally a dangerous practice... 

I'd forgotten (or never knew?) that you could insert waypoints for F1 helos.

Good you mention it, I'll have a little play with that notion maybe. 

The wonderful UTT AI S-76 heli departing EGNJ with ATC. Very impressive for normal AI.

Yet to see one land at EGNJ yet but I'm sure it will be just as good. My F1 helos are flitting about the oil/gas fields.