Sign in to follow this  
stevewhatmore

Humberside Xtreme Released by UK2000

Nice video WingZ! I have to get civilian AI helicopters in my sim. I have military AI helicopters, but no civilian AI helicopters.

Thanks Joseph, I see Super Pumas are in use over the North Sea, perhaps one could massage one of the MAIW ones to become a civilian AS332...

Do you need to set waypoints

Sascha this is one of those products that lets you choose the level of involvement you want (my kind of product!). You need 1.) A helicopter in your aircraft collection, and 2.) A helipad in your scenery. The software will generate real-looking helicopter flights for you, no further input required. Of course, as Ed pointed out, you can then customise the way the thing works if you choose e.g. adding waypoints, custom helipads etc. Very easy, and money I thought well spent.

skillz

You know, the more I concentrate on looking out at the scenery instead of sweating it with the rotary wing, the better I get!

Do like the look of your chariot - Nemeth model, right?

Do like the look of your chariot - Nemeth model, right?

Yup, Nemeth S-76.....I will never paint it again after this. :Cuppa:

fsscr183_zpspk7dybih.jpg

Maybe the Heli Traffic 2009 is one for me.

Hello Sascha,

Heli Traffic 2009 is perfect for tight helipads for e.g. Oil/gas rigs, helipads on buildings...New York, Dubai etc. (normal AI cannot land accurately enough for this)

Humberside is a bit different because IRL helicopters are treated the same as fixed wing traffic which is why I am using normal AI for it. ( I do not want the helis to land on the helipad but land on the runway then taxi to the pad...and also taxi to the active for takeoff not take off directly from the pad)

Nice find, you have 24/7 Flightradar??  :smile: I looked now (9:51 GMT), and it's back there doing circuits!

"Airbus Helicopters" somehow doesn't have the same panache as Eurocopter, does it now?

Be interested to see some video of how they handle the skid-equipped helos within the airport boundaries. That track probably is not accurate initially.

Be interested to see some video of how they handle the skid-equipped helos within the airport boundaries

Hover taxi to the active.

Just seen this on the airhumberside pro boards..

"Update 01.02.16. based helicopters.

Bristow AW139. G-CIKO (Bristow 531) and G-CHNS (Bristow 540). 

CHC AW139. G-SNSA, G-CHCV, and G-SNSG (ex OY-HLC) is here but not flown since it's arrival 22.10.15.

Bond AW139. G-PERA (Bond 7).

Uni-Fly EC135. OY-HJG (UNC 63/73D) wind farm work.

MD900 G-HPOL. Police 19.

Plus Heliyorks R22's. G-DODB, G-BSGF."

Not a S76 in sight.  :sad: ...oh well in the sim we can turn the clock back  :smile: 

Yes I noticed G-CIKO heading east...

5TvVxC.jpg

Now that you know how to paint Bristow, may I suggest.... ?

ICARO I'm sure is much easier than Nemeth!

Now that you know how to paint Bristow, may I suggest.... ?

ICARO I'm sure is much easier than Nemeth!

If I can find a photo that is good enough.... I will. :Cuppa:

Edit * Have you seen KLM Cityhopper at EGNJ yet?

KLM Fokker F70 flew in today.  :Party:

fsscr187_zpsyn1kzun7.jpg

Edit* Just found another real world shot. The CHC S-76 (OC) with a CHC Dauphin (NC) and the MD900 G-HPOL (I fancy adding her as AI as well) 

IMG_8574_zpstvblhsnl.jpg

Don'tcha love it when a trenchless drilling contractor trenchlessly drills right through your internet cable? :mad:  Grrr. Fixed now, mercifully.

Yes KLM is well represented (with that PR repaint in foreground I thought momentarily it was a photo!). There is even a Schiphol Way at this airport!

Plenty of others coming and going, too:

aWgVU3.jpg

There's an issue with the Boeing, it lands and disappears. Normally that would just be no appropriate parking available, but I've checked and there are 3 which fit fine. It doesn't spawn for the next flight either. The A320 does not have these problems it seems...

the MD900 G-HPOL (I fancy adding her as AI as well)

Me too! Where would one find such a model I wonder?

WingZ, on 05 Feb 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

Where would one find such a model I wonder?

Where there is the will ......

fsscr190_zpsmx9gr59d.jpg

The MD902 is not an AI model. It is a FS2002 model by By Linden Hoyle.

I thought I could use it as an AI model (which in fact I am) so I started painting... The textures are very poorly mapped. It will have to do. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys! Heli Traffic 2009 sounds about right for me then!

Sascha you will not be disappointed I'm sure!

The textures are very poorly mapped

George Arana started remapping that MD902, I'll ask him if he ever finished it.

Your gal is looking good, Ed.

Once you start looking... I could turn Humberside into a helo sim all by itself!

Bond Helicopters Dauphin (ALPHA, main pic) Coast Guard S92, and the Bristow S-61 (seems they still have them):

Ts8s8j.jpg

Edit on above: on balance, I'll just press the Manchester cops 902 into service here, I'm sure they do drop in...

rMIgBs.jpg

Ed, I just saw your video where you flew from the GSF Artic II oil platform to Humberside. Where did you get that oil platform scenery and where did you get the blade snap sound effects? I tried searching for both but didn't find anything.

(I did find a blade snap file for FSX, but none for FS9)