Sign in to follow this  
stevewhatmore

Humberside Xtreme Released by UK2000

Ed, I just saw your video where you flew from the GSF Artic II oil platform to Humberside. Where did you get that oil platform scenery and where did you get the blade snap sound effects? I tried searching for both but didn't find anything.

(I did find a blade snap file for FSX, but none for FS9)

Hello Joseph, it's all in the video description.

BladeSlap for FS9: http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=FS9_Helicopter_Soundkitsℑ=BladeSlapSND-FS9-10.zip&img=0&search=BladeSlapSND&cat=all&tt=zip&bool=phrase

Oil/Gas fields; http://www.fs-odg.com

Thanks Ed! I didn't find the bladeslap sound effect because I was searching for bladesNap.

Nothing wrong with your helicoptering skills there, Capt. Ed!

Nice video.

I nipped up the coast to that other helicentric airport at Aberdeen.

What a mishmosh of old runways and taxiways that is!

The Eastern Jetstream beat me there by about an hour...heartening to find some AI helos there.

VV9oss.jpg

Not too far off topic, actually, as I see that Gary has this one listed at No. 2 in his product release list.

Can't wait.

Wow, I am surprised that anyone can handle looking at the default Aberdeen surrounded by default scenery! I use the Scotflight version at the moment, and that is embedded in nice PlayHorizon VFR Photographic scenery with ES Treescapes autogen. However, I will definitely be using Gary's Aberdeen Xtreme when it is released. This (and Exeter Xtreme) are the next two products on his list, and should be released between May and July.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Wow, I am surprised
Heh... me too! I do not fly to stock airports in the sim, let alone put up screens, as a rule.

But this is a part of the world new to me in FS, and Flightradar showed many rotorwings emanating from here. Just had to take a peek, we'll use it as the "before" reference when the UK2000 version appears, eh? 

Still haven't solved the problem of the disappearing 737 at Humberside, perhaps I'll start a thread over at Gary's forums.

What exactly happened to the 737? Did it disappear as soon as it touched down? After rollout? During taxi? You are correct about the parking spots being large enough (at 21.34 metres). Have you checked to see if the wingspan of that 737 is defined correctly in the aircraft.cfg file?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I nipped up the coast to that other helicentric airport at Aberdeen

A lot closer to Humberside than Aberdeen is Edinburgh (UK2000 ExTreme) Not sure about heli ops here so opted for F1 action.

fsscr206_zpsimgh45ao.jpg

Still haven't solved the problem of the disappearing 737 at Humberside

I had to edit the Afcad at EGNJ  (connect the runway) to get both my CHC and Bristow AI choppers to t/o. 

• Upvote 1

Coooeee just had a look at Aberdeen today on Flight Radar. .....busy helibees! That should be fun when Gary releases the new Aberdeen Xtreme!

Yes that's what made me go look up there - last week FlightRadar was positively streaming helos out to sea! 

A nice repaint, Ed!

Front to rear:

• UTT AI ( I just love the fact they have steerable nose gear!)
  • Ed's repaint on the flyable Nemeth S-76
  • Flyable under F1 AI Traffic. There's an issue in the flight dynamic/model somewhere, it has this nose high attitude. I will revert to UTT models for the F1 traffic also. 

LnaOGF.jpg 

Have you checked to see if the wingspan of that 737 is defined correctly in the aircraft.cfg file?
Yes it's the WoA_AIA_B738_W model which looks OK at first glance.

BUT on swapping the plane out for a, erm, more mature model:), the disappearing problem goes away. I may dig a little deeper into the model, but it is certainly the plane not the AFD files. 

nwTtHL.jpg 

I don't know if you guys know it or not, but the ICARO AW139 came with a AI AW139 model. I don't know how good it is though. No paints or flightplans were ever made so I never tried it out.

You guys might want to check it out.

I saw that video when you first posted it but never noticed the AI 139 at the end. I wonder why no one ever made paints or flightplans for it?

I wonder why no one ever made paints or flightplans for it?

Because it is a poor AI model. I tried it as AI and deleted it.

edit* Let me clarify...I tried it as normal AI. First it did not show up at all, so I used a stemme air file and it did. But it didn't have to go far before disappearing altogether, IOW the LOD's are pants.

It would obviously fly better as F1 traffic (or the same as all F1 heli traffic) but as normal AI 

the UTT S-76 is a class act, as WingZ said ( I just love the fact they have steerable nose gear!)

I just bought this scenery a little while ago and have a question about the AFCADs. Which AFCAD better represents the real parking at the airport? The GEN one or the TRM one?

If you do not want to see static airliners at the gates, then use the TRM version (you need to enable "AFD airline codes" in the OPTIONS utility). You will still see static aircraft elsewhere (small GA planes and others), but all of the main gates will be free for AI planes.

If you want to see one or two static airliners at the gates, then use the GEN version. The disadvantage of this is that there will be correspondingly fewer gates available for you (or the AI planes).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png