Sign in to follow this  
jarsky

Dovetail Flight Simulator

Nice, hope their very soon is going to be very soon.

-eelis-

My credit card is waiting....... too soon?

LOL

Moe

I hope its an exciting news ....

With the past trends of MS flight, I just have a bad feeling.

I hope i am wrong though !!!

Bilal Asif Khan

Here's a little clue that I think went widely unnoticed. Actually posted in August. Note the platform for their new sims not Windows but more specifically Windows 10! This can only mean one thing! It will be DirectX 12, and my guess if they are going that far will also be 64bit, as most that use Win 10 are on 64bit, so losing 32bit users are far less important then if earlier Window versions were still supported. Of course this is still speculation as no info yet has been officially released, but why be so specific, if it wasn't?

http://www.dovetailgames.com/news/2015/aug/4/dovetail-games-looks-to-the-future-collaborating-with-microsoft

• Upvote 2

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

It will come out about the time I get FSX rebuilt on my new computer. Never fails.

• Upvote 1

Here's a little clue that I think went widely unnoticed. Actually posted in August. Note the platform for their new sims not Windows but more specifically Windows 10! This can only mean one thing! It will be DirectX 12, and my guess if they are going that far will also be 64bit, as most that use Win 10 are on 64bit, so losing 32bit users are far less important then if earlier Window versions were still supported. Of course this is still speculation as no info yet has been officially released, but why be so specific, if it wasn't?

http://www.dovetailgames.com/news/2015/aug/4/dovetail-games-looks-to-the-future-collaborating-with-microsoft

Good point. I wondered if the association with W10 was more to do with positive PR (e.g., the latest - but in my opinion not the greatest - OS); however, your explanation makes sense. I'm glad that my AMD Radeon 380 is DX12-ready! Oh and yes, I think that making it an exclusively 64-bit application makes sense, but at the very least it should be offered in 32- and 64-bit.

@ biloo: I understand your concerns, but like you say hopefully you'll be wrong!

Here's a little clue that I think went widely unnoticed. Actually posted in August. Note the platform for their new sims not Windows but more specifically Windows 10! This can only mean one thing!

Not to be the wet blanket, but I believe this is more along the lines of Dovetail offering the program through the Windows 10 app store rather than speaking to any technical capabilities. I don't think the store would be an exclusive channel for the mentioned titles because Dovetail loves Steam and I wouldn't expect them to leave it. Using the Win10 store simply gets their products in front of more faces (*and in some cases, onto the XBox platform too).

While DX12 would be very welcome, I think the language in that August press release hints more towards their desire to tap new markets rather than leverage new Win10 exclusive technology. Just my interpretation of it. (shrug)

Due to the closed nature of MS Flight and Dovetail's track record with their train simulator product line, I'm very cautious about DTG's flightsim plans anyway.  As any train sim user knows, Dovetail loves their DLC channels...

-Greg

• Upvote 1

Dovetail loves their DLC channels...

Could not agree more.

Just bought the TS2016, in a DVD format which has its own DVD key, yet I'm required to activate it with DTG. Why? Surely having paid for a hard copy with its own key, that is all. I have an aircraft add-on from a notable developer in hard copy that has its own key, and it does not require me to go online to activate it.

Due to the closed nature of MS Flight and Dovetail's track record with their train simulator product line, I'm very cautious about DTG's flightsim plans anyway.  As any train sim user knows, Dovetail loves their DLC channels...

Train Simulator is not a completely closed development though as Flight was. True the majority of add ons are purchased and installed through Steam as DLC, but there are also other third parties, Armstrong Powerhouse being one, who use their own website to sell and distribute their content. It's much the same as FSX-SE currently is - Dovetail market and distribute some DLC through Steam, while the sim is still completely open to other third party developers who choose not to use it.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Not to be the wet blanket, but I believe this is more along the lines of Dovetail offering the program through the Windows 10 app store rather than speaking to any technical capabilities. I don't think the store would be an exclusive channel for the mentioned titles because Dovetail loves Steam and I wouldn't expect them to leave it. Using the Win10 store simply gets their products in front of more faces (*and in some cases, onto the XBox platform too).

Possible, but no where in that press release indicates they were talking about the app store!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I can't see them using the app store for any serious release. The way the steam store works and has dlc tied in nicely is far better than that. The store is more for smaller stand alone products. If it was so good they would already be using it for existing products.

Hey,

It would be interesting for us, that Dovetail Games gave us some details about new Flight Simulator, based on MS Flight engine. For me, the nice things is that they announce that Dovetail Games Flight Simulator will be 64 bit. I think it could be a game changer for our community... :) 

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/16/412446890550990408/

The main discussion is here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/482636-news-on-dtg-simulator-is-coming-soon/

Arek

It would be interesting for us, that Dovetail Games gave us some details about new Flight Simulator, based on MS Flight engine.

Actually it's going to be based off of FSX not MS Flight.

"This means that both Flight School and Flight Simulator are based on an evolution of Flight Simulator X technology."

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!