Sign in to follow this  
bernse

New P3D v3 user - couple of compatibility and recomendation questions

Hi folks, new P3D V3 user here. Haven't actually been into FS for some time but thought I'd give it a go with my new ultrawide U3415W monitor!

Anyhow, couple of questions. I did some browsing of this forum and would appreciate some of your valuable experience.

Are there any decent freeware passenger jets that are compatible with V3? I miss the default (although questionable) 737 in FSX.

I was under the impression the P3D was compatible with FSX aircraft, however I just downloaded that free Justflight 757 Freemium and it refuses to install as there is no FSX install on my system. I also own the boxed version of FSX and FSXSE but neither are installed. Is there a way to get it to work with P3D?

I also really miss somewhat realistic AI traffic on P3D. Doing some reading here, it appears that MT6 is/can be compatible with some work, but I am concerned buying it and having issues  and it only says 2.5 on the webstore. I assume it won't give me big auto-installer issues like the 757 above? Are there any other AI programs to be recommended?

Appreciate the insight! Thanks.

Hello Bernse.  I don't know of any Freeware.       Regarding My Traffic 6,  this is now fully compatible with Prepar3D V3.

About the 737, there are freeware addons, but what kind of quality you'll get is always the question. If there where any decent ones, I think iFly and PMDG wouldnt do much business. ;)

P3D is a redeveloped version of FSX. In v1, most FSX addons were compatible, but the more P3D deviates from the original FSX codes, the more problems you'll get. And considering that v3 has had many changes...

But still, quite a few FSX addons, especially the later ones, can be transferred to P3D.

For some you can just change the installation folder path, but for others you need to do more, but if you search/google for the addon name and add 'in P3D' there are plenty of posts going around for many addons, that explain how to do it.

Another option would be a migration tool, if you run the tool you can install almost any FSX/P3D/P3D2 addons in P3D3, but there are still exceptions. There's a freeware Russian Migration tool and there's Flightsim Estonia Migration tool.

About the justflight 757, the installer can get stuck on a couple of things. It might be looking for a registry entry, so if you add a fake registry entry for FSX, it should be able to install. Or it could be that the installer is looking for an FSX.exe file in the installation folder you specify and in that case you can solve it by saving an empty notepad file as FSX.exe to that location. For a lot of addons there are tricks to get them working, google is your friend ;)

Cheers!

Maarten

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll check into MT6.

Regarding the aircraft, I don't need anything super realistic, IE that default 737 on FSX was probably the one I spent the most time on but I certainly wouldn't be against something better.

If you wanna go for a tube liner with good FPS go either for QW BAE 146/Avro RJ Series and/or Majestics Q400. Good biz jet is Carenados Hawker 850XP especially the lite version (it has no cabin interior) It is not the most realistic modeled airframe but more advanced than the FSX B737 verion.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

If you wanna go for a tube liner with good FPS go either for QW BAE 146/Avro RJ Series and/or Majestics Q400. Good biz jet is Carenados Hawker 850XP especially the lite version (it has no cabin interior) It is not the most realistic modeled airframe but more advanced than the FSX B737 verion.

QW BAE 146 is not compatible with 3.0 or 3.1 unless you found a way!

Nick Sciortino

That's too bad because I was just thinking I'd LOOVE a 146! :sad:

Hmmm, my Avro is working as it should. In the forums it is saiad that a few things wouldnt work for ex the FMS, the flap lever etc. Not in my case. Autopilot buttons work as well.  Ok the FMS is not working when switchiing from a default aircraft. But saving a flight with the RJ (cold and dark or with engines running) did the trick. I was also able to load and complete a flightplan within the FMS.

So why not going for the Avro for P3Dv3.1. Hmm ok she is ugly, stinky, old and slow but performance wise a keeper for v3.1.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg