Sign in to follow this  
yvesamuel

FSDT KORD crash

Hi,

I have a problem : I tried several times to fly to or from KORD, and every time I have a crash.
I have a fully fresh installation of P3D V3.1, GEX for P3D and UTX USA V2.2, UTX Canada and UTX Europe, no ORBX installed by KORD.

I tried a fly EGKK to KORD, with a PMDG 777. About 20 nm from landing at about 4000 Ft high, I had a VAS left of about 800 Mo, and suddenly, CTD.
I tried several flights from KORD, with the AS 320 or PMDG 737 (KORD CYUL) and CTD just after push back, or wwhen trying to go to some menus of P3D, but never when loading.

Any idea??? Any help???

Thank's
Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Do you have the old Chicago Midway scenery installed?  It's been a while, but I seem to remember there being a conflict between KORD and KMDW.

I seem to remember there being a conflict between KORD and KMDW.

I have both installed and no problems for me. 

FSDT KORD is resource intensive.  My VAS and FPS drop dramatically in around KORD and Chicago but I'm able to take off.  Flying into KORD is very difficult and I usually avoid flight plans into Chicago (or I divert to KMDW). If you have any commercial weather program running, it gets even uglier.  I would avoid flying into KORD, especially if you use the PMDG aircraft or any commercial weather program.  You might check their forums for KORD and see some of the recommendations there to improve performance.  Perhaps you can go into the KORD/Scenery folder and disable one their eye-candy .bgl's.  If nothing else works, disable the scenery and use the default or turn your FSX settings down even more. 

If you have MyTrafficX or 6, disable the AFCAD in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder as it may be in conflict.

In regards to VAS, the amount of space fluctuates depending on what you are looking at or the weather or what ATC is doing.  It can be at 800MB's and then suddenly down to 300 or 400MB's and that might be enough to crash it.  Once out of Chicago, the VAS should increase until you arrive at your destination.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10